Metal amp for bedroom

danesp

Reaction score
Im not too sure about the sound interface, plugins etc etc im quite a n00b when it comes to all of this. I would like to keep it as simple as possible. With the power amp pedal (the 22w) could i just plug either a line 6 pod hd pro/engl e530 into the power amp pedal and then to cab? which would then be a 22w solid state amp? If that would work could be the best bet as I would need a solid state power amp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Pretty much that. Preamp/Modeler > Pedal > Cab

The EHX 44 Magnum pedal is being used there.

Or, like I said, use the Engl's onboard power amp.

danesp

Reaction score
Cool :), yeah ive heard the Engl e530's on board 1.5w poweramp isnt very good, is that not the case? ~I think i am leaning more toward the line 6, puredly because i can try it out before i buy it. But if you say its as simple as pluging the line 6 into the 44 magnum then that into the cab that that sounds perfect

danesp

Reaction score
But then with the ehx power amp pedals it would just sound like a normal amp correct?

danesp

Reaction score
The engl straight into the cab sound pretty good tbh, but also quite loud, what would the volume difference be from the engl to the blackstar ht5?

Tone_Boss

Reaction score
Try the Marshall JMP1, its 1 watt but has a switch to cut that down even more plus a gain boost.

Allealex

Reaction score
Wanna go cheap? AMT P1 and Rocktron Velocity 300. The Rocktron is SS so it will sound great even at whisper volume, and you still have plenty of power and headroom. If you could spend a little more I'd say Pod HD and Rocktron, you'll have both a great recording machine and a great live tone

Vinchester

Reaction score
If your HT5 is too "loud" then I think you should go digital. a Line6Pod, a good pair of studio headphones, and some patience to adjust the tone should serve you well.

danesp

Reaction score
So I tried out a load of amps over the weekend and with surprising results. In the end I went for the EVH 5150 iii 50W head. Sounds amazing at low volumes, can get the exact tone I was looking for, I would recommend it to anyone!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not really a surprise there. Heard lots of people say the 5153 is awesome for low volume stuff.

')