Metal bands using b tuning?

• Thread starter gomes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
And if you want a shred rhythm-challenge, try The Berzerker's "Forever". (B standard there too.)

All the Bezerker stuff is A standard. Check the DVD and the site, it has all the tracks from the 1st album tabbed.

As for bands...

Fear Factory were B standard until Obsolete
Slipknot used Drop B for all but 1 track of their self-titled album, and then the following albums were usually either Drop B or Drop A.
Bolt Thrower

I skimmed over the thread but several of the bands like Morbid Angel, Nevermore and Cannibal Corpse use Bb not B.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

omentremor

this godles endeavor
Reaction score
Enemies of Reality by Nevermore is definately in B standard.
Nation Album by Sepultura is in drop B

Miss UV

Reaction score
distressed_romeo said:
Incidentally, I always thought Carcass tuned to C...
Definitely B!

Gorefest (on "False" at least)

bibz

Reaction score
Nevermores 7 string stuff is in b flat, dead heart to godless. Im sure it was so they could still play the older e flat 6 string songs.

Hypocrisy - Virus is in Bb (7's)
Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design also in Bb (7's)
However there new Pitch Black Progress is in B, with dropped A on atleast one song

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Unearth uses 7 strings all the way in B standard, some cool Ibanez S-7420 :shred:

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
moojimoo3 said:
i can think of two right now i think

Dead To Fall (use B)
Parkway Drive (use B too) Parkway drive are the autrailian unearth.qoute by adam D himself on metal injection, each of the bands myspaces are;

www.myspace.com/parkwaydrive
www.myspace.com/deadtofall

hope it helps.
Arooj

woah i saw them live recently, didn't realise they were internationally well known. I knew they were heading towards the UK after here though. Have you caught them live?

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the record, I'd just like to state that Parkway Drive are really, really, REALLY deriviative; I can't stand the whole metalcore thing on a good day but Parkway Drive are really in a league of their own when it comes to rubbing me the wrong way. Still, if that's your thing you could do worse, I guess (theoretically anyway).

Has anyone mentioned Damageplan??? I'm pretty sure some of that album was in drop B, off the top of my head. I know Nick Drake has a few songs in BEBEBE, although they're usually capoed, and slide player Jeff Lang sometimes drops down to B. Other than that, I think you've pretty much covered most of the more popular bands.

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Emperor had some 7 string songs, but most of the material was in E, unless I'm completely fucked.

Behemoth has a few songs on 7's.

Circus Maximus uses em.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Slipknot uses Drop-B, sometimes Drop-A, and even G on songs like Scissors.

Most of Static-X songs are C tuned but they have some songs on Drop-Bb (like Otsegoletric).

')