Metal Documentary

• Thread starter Durero
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw an awesome dvd last night:

Metal - A Headbanger's Journey

Thoroughly entertaining and enlightening! I'd highly recommend it
:hbang: :rocker: :hbang:

It was made by a dude from Victoria, B.C. (Canada) and it's loads of fun - the dvd extras are also well worth watching.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Update: Just saw Global Metal documentary by the same dude.

It absolutely rocked!!!:rocker:

The soundtrack is killer, and it's totally fascinating how he documents metal music spreading all over the world influencing, mixing, and being influenced by local cultures.

There's some really funny moments too, and generally great interviews.

Anyone who's into metal should see Headbanger's Journey, then Global Metal. :yesway: :yesway:

Brendan G

What is this then?
Reaction score
I saw Headbanger's journey a couple of times, great documentary, and the drunken Mayhem interview was hilarious.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
i have the headbangers journey dvd, i think its really great...and yes, the drunken mayhem thing topped it all hahaha...

Demeyes

Reaction score
I've seen Headbangers Journey. Its an interesting watch. I must stick it on again, probably this week to get me into the metal festival spirit.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that documentary a few times I havent seen global metal though

Girlfriend and I saw it in a theatre in Vancouver last Friday which was the Canadian release day. I have no idea if it's playing in other countries yet or when it's going to come out on DVD.

Probably more info will be on their site: GLOBAL METAL - IN THEATRES SPRING 2008

Again I'll just say we really enjoyed it. It follows the Headbanger's Journey and expands upon it really well.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The guy behind both of these is currently making an Iron Maiden documentary too, he was out here with the band when they toured earlier this year.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
finally have seen Global Metal...man, that was just awesome!

the scene, when Metallica played this stadium concert, playing Creeping Death and all the people scream "DIE! DIE!..." - and outside of the Stadium the world goes down...that gave me pretty heavy goosebumps.

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
I've got Get Thrashed in my Netflix queue and have seen Metal : AHJ. I want to wield swords at Ronnie James Dio's house!

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Metal is quite possibly the best documentary I've seen, It's very well balanced and is how all music docs should be done imo.
Dio comes across as one of the coolest people on earth in this movie and it really changed my opinion of him.
I've shown it to friends who don't even like the music and they've loved it, the Mayhem interview is 100% comedy gold but the part which always gets a guilty chuckle out of me is where they discuss church burning and the priest says "it was a very sad xmas that year for the kids as there was no presents and the church had burned down"

I originally saw it at a cinema and the part that got some crazy cheers was the Gaahl interview there were some BM guys there and the moment he said......................Satan! they started cheering and laughing while half the audience were genuinely shocked and actually gasped at the mention of the "S" word!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
I've got Get Thrashed in my Netflix queue and have seen Metal : AHJ. I want to wield swords at Ronnie James Dio's house!

that waas the scene when my girlffriend started laughing out loud real hard when she saw my sad "oooohohoho goood, doooo want!!!" face. :lol:

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
I originally saw it at a cinema and the part that got some crazy cheers was the Gaahl interview there were some BM guys there and the moment he said......................Satan! they started cheering and laughing while half the audience were genuinely shocked and actually gasped at the mention of the "S" word!

Haha, that sounds awesome...

For some reason I thought Metal: AHJ was more about classic metal or something. That's just the way it seemed, so I never gave it a second look. I'll have to check it out.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
AHJ is definetly one of the best documentaries out there. I keep seeing stuff for Get Thrashed but I'm not sure how much I wanna get it, since thrash got old pretty quick

nespythe

Reaction score
Apparently gaahl is a homosexual now.
*sips wine*
Thatan

')