Metal Gear Rising Thread

• Thread starter HOKENSTYFE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
The demo is out & on! I have not been much of a Metal Gear player before but, I did play all the games, previously. This though, Metal Gear Rising - 'Revengeance', I have been waiting for this, for a long time.

Raiden is the most awesome character I have ever seen, I am loving his CyberPunk look. I plan on devoting many moons playing this game.

I figure I'd start a thread about this game but, if people want to throw some previous Snake Metal Gears into the pot. Be my guest.

I plan to upload a few pictures of the character Raiden and anything else from the game that I find cool so, show off what you find.

:squint: Laters :squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I started the demo last night but only played it for a few minutes. It seems much more in the vein of Platinum Games hyper-stylized action games (Bayonetta, Vanquish) than anything Metal Gear. Personally I don't really mind so much, but I'm sure there are plenty of hardcore MG fans who will scream heresy and bash the shit out of it.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
I hear not liking it. I play quite a few games that I eventually do not like.

I went into this wondering if they could get this, "Lightning Bolt Action" thing to work. I thought they nailed it. It was something new to learn. A hyper-stylized sort of action but, the controls were so fast and fluid, I couldn't control it at first. I got it though.

I am the fanboyin' right now. Nothing wrong with this, for me, so far.

If anyone goes into this thinking, Snake kind of Metal Gear. Forget about it. It still has covert capabilities that able you to sneak up on the enemies. But the hell with that. I let them see me coming, turn on the speed and sword slash them in half. Absolutely lovin' this.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Gonna wait for some reviews before i get this. Huge fan of MGS, i know this isn't a stealth game, but i hope the story has some connection to the overall metal gear solid series.

It does look like mindless fun though, so much carnage!! lol

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I enjoyed the demo a lot and the controls are pretty cool, so I'm excited for this game. It's certainly not the usual Metal Gear sort of thing and I'm glad of that, because Raiden definitely is not Snake. And on that point, Raiden seems a lot less hatable in this game

I don't think anyone will be able to complain about this unless it is a genuinely bad game. It's not a MGS game, it's a MGR game. I'm sure we will get our fill of Snake's brand of stealth game when MGS:Ground Zeroes comes out. Until MGS5, however, this will keep me happy.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
I have played the MG-Snake series but, wasn't entirely blown away. I had to really recondition myself to get the intricacies of Metal Gear. Games like that and Splinter Cell require a lot of patience, which I can do without, when playing video games.

Which is why I am so anticipating this MG-Rising. Like the above comment, Carnage. I am a sucka for the Feudal era of Japan and Cyberpunk. To combine the two, sort of, is insane to me. Sword play & Kojima inspired game play, nothing but good things.

Playing the demo though, I did run into that pixelation issue. Where the camera action and the game play were not on the same page and the solids were see through, where they should of kept their solidity. Chalk that up to *bugs*.

Still, Lightning-Excited!!!

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Update: Metal Gear Rising Facebook page has just uploaded Pics for the first batch of DLC. I see some sort of Cyber/Sidekick Dog, accompanying Raiden.

We'll see how that plays out.

Reaction score
I played the demo the other day. I liked it, but it wasn't anything huge for me considering I can't stand hack and slash button mashers. The quick-slash mode is what really did it for me though, being able to get up close to PMC and chop them in as many ways as you can xD So much fun.

Definitely may rent this when it's out, but it doesn't seem like the kind of game for me to play through more than once or twice.

splinter8451

Reaction score
I've played through the demo a few times since I bought the Zone of the Ender's HD collection and I must say it is pretty fun.

I probably would have completely overlooked this if it didn't come with ZotE :lol:

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Even though it's a heavy 'Hack n' Slash' game. There is still the element of stealth that Metal Gear is known for.

As I played the demo, I got up close to an enemy and the 'Button Prompt' would engage to completing a cut-scene sort of attack, without alerting any of the surrounding enemies.

I am a 'CyberPunk' junkie so this is the "Stuff" to me. I was hoping for more of a separation of Metal Gear: Snake & Raiden world but, it doesn't seem the case. I can see Snake being brought back in, to some capacity.

Not too long now!

Latest posts

')