Metal songs that have a happy feel

• Thread starter SPBY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything by Killswitch seems to have that upbeat "things are getting better" feel to them, to my ears.

But the panic/chaos chord in the ATB song kinda takes all "happiness" from it, :lol:

SPBY

Reaction score
Everything by Killswitch seems to have that upbeat "things are getting better" feel to them, to my ears.

But the panic/chaos chord in the ATB song kinda takes all "happiness" from it, :lol:

those dissonant chords yeah, but the rest of it is pretty upbeat, including those nice solos in there. haha. Killswitch has a kind of sad/minor quality to their songs i find though.

BrutalExorcist

Chronic Chugger
Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure exactly what type of happy, but...

Not necessarily upbeat-happy, but triumphant-happy, if there's a difference? :scratch:
Ton of stuff in the folk metal area tends to be upbeat.

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score

This sonh has some pretty upbeat choruses and solos, though the rest of the song is pretty heavy.

from 2:44 on it's upbeat sounding and also the chorus

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
Can someone recommend any songs that have a sort of "happy/upbeat" feel to them. such as

They feel happy to me anyways. hopefully this is a good enough description haha.

I seriously opened this thread to post ometh. the solo at the end is the happiest thing ever.:bowdown:

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Surprisingly upbeat chorus begins at about 1.13

Surprisingly upbeat solo runs from about 2.32 to 3.23

SPBY

Reaction score
Wow ! ithis band sounds fucking awesome, but the vocals, production, and breakdowns kinda ruin it for me. it seems kinda metalcoreish in some ways. but other than that, man they kick some ass.

you've never heard of after the burial? good thing you came to this thread haha. they rereleased the album these songs are off of with much better recording quality and a different vocalist (who i like better). but yeah, they're essentially progressive hardcore/metalcore

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
Wow ! ithis band sounds fucking awesome, but the vocals, production, and breakdowns kinda ruin it for me. it seems kinda metalcoreish in some ways. but other than that, man they kick some ass.

that is from the 2008 rareforms. they re-released the cd in 2009 with a new singer and better drums.

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
you've never heard of after the burial? good thing you came to this thread haha. they rereleased the album these songs are off of with much better recording quality and a different vocalist (who i like better). but yeah, they're essentially progressive hardcore/metalcore

*COUGH* Sumeriancore *cough* :shred:

SpiritCrusher86

Plays 6-Strings
Reaction score
Nope, never actually heard them until now.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score

Bonus points for awesome female singer and awesome hyperactive drummer. And OH MY GOD, I have three 'feel good' songs, one is this one, and the other are Ometh and Riders of the Plague, so this thread made my night :D

King Ian

Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure exactly what type of happy, but...

Not necessarily upbeat-happy, but triumphant-happy, if there's a difference? :scratch:
Ton of stuff in the folk metal area tends to be upbeat.

Haha, that's funny you would post that Finntroll video. It's about having wolves eat christians and killing them with the troll hammer. :hbang:

thefpb2

Reaction score
A friend of mine Splinter8451 just got me into this project:

this song blows me away

7thdimension

Reaction score
anything off the new Born Of Osiris album lol shit went from lets bring about the destruction of mankind to lets all hold hands and stare at the stars. most disappointing album ever

')