Metal Version of the "Tristram Theme" from Diablo I, II, and III

ArtificialFear

Reaction score
Hey guys! My name is Mat, and I create metal arrangements of classic video game songs. I'm brand new to this site. Since I used a seven-string guitar in my latest video, I thought maybe someone from here would enjoy it.
It's the "Tristram Theme" from the Diablo games metalized:

I apologize if this is post is in the wrong forum. "Stay Awhile and Listen."

-Mat

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I know it might be rather tiring for the song to be covered this much upon the release of the game, but oh god, this version... You slayed it!

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Really, really awesome! I like your take on it. Did you use Drop-D tuning?

Also, are you OK with sharing the tabs to this? I totally understand if you aren't, though. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Word bro :yesway:

I did a version of this myself but it was all in B standard on a 6 string, with a shit load of effects and a fretless bass. More of a cover than an re-arranging but still fun to see how you can make it sound different just by adding some little nuances here and there.

ArtificialFear

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! I did you use Drop-D tuning (so I could have the low-A5 ready to use!) As for the tabs...there are none. If I had some I would share them in a heartbeat.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So amazing! :D

Back in my old band Psychosis Asylum, my bassist and I would always talk about trying to do a metal cover of this, but we could never figure out a good way to make it work. Kudos for doing so!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Awesome, I've thought about covering the New Tristram theme but this Metal medley is fantastic!

BlackMesa

the G-Man's Bitch
Reaction score
That was pretty sweet!! You should do a cover of the theme from Battlefield 1942.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Also been one of those who always thought about metal covering D2's Tristram theme. :agreed:

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! I did you use Drop-D tuning (so I could have the low-A5 ready to use!) As for the tabs...there are none. If I had some I would share them in a heartbeat.
No problem, man. Thanks again for sharing, and keep up the good work!:yesway:

thedonal

Reaction score
Nice work- really enjoyed that! I'm playing through D2 at the moment (I think my PC wouldn't even read the disc of D3!!), so good timing too!

Latest posts

')