Metal without a real instrument. Did I succeed?

• Thread starter The Omega Cluster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey. Earlier in 2012 I've challenged myself to write a metal song without the use of any guitar or bass, or any real "traditional metal" instrument for that matter. I only used some MIDI tracks I created with Guitar Pro and imported in Garageband to bring some life into it. Of course, it's not the final version, as the sounds are kinda lame because of garageband, but if people like it I might gonna continue and work on it more!

Finally, I've made four songs like this, you can listen to them all right here : https://soundcloud.com/dave-tremblay/sets/xyax

I would say the influences vary from progressive and technical metal to drum n'bass/Venetian Snares, and classical music. Hope you find the mix interesting! :)

Any comment, opinion, and suggestion is welcome, about any side of the music!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Thanks for the honesty. If you haven't already, I suggest you take a listen to Are we alone? since it is a little more straightforward. :)

Latest posts

')