Metallica in 1986

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, I didn't notice it before, but the new Metallica instrumental, the cover of "The Good, The Bad, & The Donnie" theme... about halfway through Hetfield & Ulrich sounded badassed as all hell. If that's the direction they're going to go with the next album, then sign me up.

I'm dying for a good Metallica album.

:agreed:

If Metallica makes another album even close to Master or Justice I'll need new pants.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know they never will. I mean, before St Anger came out they were telling people it sounded like Hatebreed and Meshuggah and I think they genuinely believed it too.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were discussing this while drinking and waiting for Trouble to start tonight...

When "Puppets" came out, musically speaking, it changed the world. Period. There was nothing close. Unfortunately, they're now a shadow of their former selves. The world is somehow lessened by this...

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
When "Puppets" came out, musically speaking, it changed the world. Period. There was nothing close. Unfortunately, they're now a shadow of their former selves. The world is somehow lessened by this...

Master is one of those rarest of albums that completely changes everything. Nobody was as brutal yet they still could compose such great songs and play at that level. It was amazing. When I first heard all my other music sounded half-assed. :lol:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
ahhh, the reason i picked up a guitar
me too - at least for electric.

We were discussing this while drinking and waiting for Trouble to start tonight...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking back on it now, that band died with Cliff Burton. I love AJFA, and I'm pretty sure his writing was all over those songs. After that, they just steadily became worse and worse.

Cliff with wah pedal :yesway:
Kirk with wah pedal :noway:

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Looking back on it now, that band died with Cliff Burton. I love AJFA, and I'm pretty sure his writing was all over those songs. After that, they just steadily became worse and worse.
+1 Couldn't agree more. I don't listen to anything later than AJFA, that's were they end as Metallica for me and become a rock band - probably a great rock band as bands go, but not one I'm interested in. RIP Cliff.

')