Metallica Ride the lightning guitar tone using free plugins only! (Download included)

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everyone, how's it going? In this tutorial I show you how to get Metallica's guitar tone from Ride the lightning using only free VST plugins! You can download all the free files needed from the link in the video's description, I don't think I'm allowed to post it here!

00:00 Quick song intro
01:18 Overview
01:43 Disclaimer
02:05 Original Metallica equipment
03:17 Signal chain and DI tracks
04:43 Reaper FX chain
06:32 Final guitar tone (guitar only)
07:43 Final guitar tone (in the mix)
08:54 My conclusions and template download
09:08 Self promotion time !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Sounds about right, well done! But IMO this is in the wrong section - this is definitely not off-topic stuff on a guitar forum ;) Keep going though, Master of Puppets coming next right?
Thank you very much! Yes, coming up next is MOP and man....it's going to sound reaalllly close! Didn't really know in which section post these......thanks again! Stay tuned!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Didn't really know in which section post these

I think the Recording Studio section would be the best suited one, but for maximal visibility I'd probably put it in General Music Discussion. There's the risk of being overrun by other threads of course, but if you use the same thread and keep bumping it with new videos every now and then, I'm sure way more people will see it than here in the OT section :)

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Thank you again, I'll try the Recording studio section next time! I don't want to flood the entire board with my BS :)