Mexican food

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
You & DR should get a kick out of this:

About five years ago, I was at a conference in San Diego. There was a contingent from the British office of one of the vendors. They were commenting that they had Huevos Rancheros, for the first time, for breakfast, and were really surprised how good it was. Somebody near-by said, "Oh, you've never had Huevos Rancheros before?", and one of the Brits responded, "No, there's not a lot of Mexican food in Great Britian.". Any my dear, ignorat of the rest of the world :realmad:, countryman said, "Oh, I thought there would be plenty, given how close you are to Spain?" :lol:

Ray

Now that is goddamn funny!!! LOL!

I'm so lucky to live here!

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
If I lived in San Diego I'd go to Ensenada every weekend.Hussong's,El Charo and Tacos Mary.I'm jealous of you^^

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to go to Mexico when I was younger. It is so beautiful and the food is great. It's pretty crazy down there now compared to when I was a kid. And being a tall pasty white bald guy who can't roll my Rs I get a lot flak so I avoid it these days. Maybe once the crime settles down a bit I'll go again.

xiphoscesar

Reaction score
i dont have a favorite mexican food cause i pretty much eat it everyday (im from mexico)
but i love when my mom makes "mole"

DavyH

Elderly juvenile
Reaction score
You bastards... and your ability to eat Mexican food. I curse you all... That is seriously the number one downside to living in Asia (Japan, China, Korea, Mongolia, etc). Since I live in Tokyo, I can find Mexican restaurants, but they are very expensive and they aren't as good as a lot of the cheaper Mexican places near where I used to live. There is one American restaurant I know that is kind of expensive, but has some good Tex Mex food.

Ditto Africa. I need to practise more Mexican cooking, but a) I don't really have any points of reference... is it right? wrong? Oh fuck it it tastes fine becomes the benchmark. b) ingredients are an absolute nightmare to find.

No upside though. I'm not a fan of many indigenous African recipes.

rvai

Reaction score
i dont have a favorite mexican food cause i pretty much eat it everyday (im from mexico)
but i love when my mom makes "mole"

mole! that´s one of my favourite dishes! there are many varieties of mole, and most of them are great.

BTW if you guys like mexican food and want to try some real mexican food and you ever come down here, eat in the streets, there are some small places that sell food in the street, it´s really cheap and delicious, a quesadilla wonpt be more than a dollar, and most tacos cost less than that, plus they taste real different to what you guys eat over there as mexican food, it´s way better, and chile is spicier lol

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Yes! Mexican food is my favorite. Never get tired of it even after eating it almost everyday, since my family is from Mexico. You can't beat homemade. Chilaquiles FTW!

sevenstringgod

Reaction score
Chilaquiles FTW!

Spot on dude! :hbang:

img-0049.jpg

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Spot on dude! :hbang:

img-0049.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah dude, that's what I'm talking about! I got hungry just looking at that and I just ate haha. :lol:

Latest posts