Michael Ammot joins Dean Guitars

• Thread starter sami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Not really a fan of Dean guitars, so I'm unlikely to be wowed by his new sig. His ESP and LTD Ninja models were pretty badass I thought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Personally I thought his ESP models were nothing wonderful..I actually thought they were a little ugly. The Dean V's do look a lot nicer to me but obviously I can't speak on how they play having never owned a Dean..especially a Custom Dean. I'm sure Amott will have a guitar built that he likes since it's HIS guitar. If nothing else it'll be like the ESP version in playability if not better because I'm pretty sure despite the money, not many would play something that felt horrible. I can't see why people are so shocked by this move. Even if you exclude the money (which IS what it's about), people like trying new things. When you've got companies willing to bend over backwards for you, it's easier to dabble in different models and styles of instrument, nothing wrong with that.

And for the record, I do believe Mick Thomson's BC Riches were much cooler than the Ibanez signatures he's got out now but that's just my opinion. The man's a gear fanatic and I'm sure he loves both Ibanez and BC Rich, they're giving him cool guitars and he's reaping the benefits. Nothing wrong with that. You can rest assured his handmade BC Rich Biches, Warlocks, and Beasts aren't in the trash somewhere.

Duraesu

Reaction score
That schenker V is AWSOME, how can anyone say that is ugly? bad ass paintjob, V headstock, V body, ebony fretboard... its....METAL! any V shape is METAL (except the fugly reverse gibson V...)

About Amott... leave the man alone guys, he's livin' it up lol lets all be positive and wait to see his signature guitar... it might be cool and everyone starts thinking "well... maybe he did the right thing." and then everyone will have GAS for it! it might happen... =P

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the Dean V a lot better than Amott's ESP sig model. Before he got that goofy-looking ESP sig model, didn't he play an ESP knock-off of a '70s Gibson Flying V?

It's not like he's making zillions of dollars off of Arch Enemy. Even if you don't like Deans, you can't fault him for taking extra money from Dean--he's got to make a living just like the rest of us.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like the Dean V a lot better than Amott's ESP sig model. Before he got that goofy-looking ESP sig model, didn't he play an ESP knock-off of a '70s Gibson Flying V?

It's not like he's making zillions of dollars off of Arch Enemy. Even if you don't like Deans, you can't fault him for taking extra money from Dean--he's got to make a living just like the rest of us.
he had a sig model for the japanese market ... which was a gibson V style, had small rectangular blocks, was black with chrome pickguard and hardware...basically the same specs as his later model

')