Michael Amott Dean DMT Tyrant pickup

Reaction score
Anyone get to try the Michael Amott pickup? I saw a video of some guy playing the Tyrant V Bloodstorm, and I liked how it sounded. I'm considering getting the pickup because I can't afford a Bloodstorm right now, I dunno if it would fit in my guitar though. Plus I wanna try something other than Seymour Duncan, EMG, DiMarzio and all the big names, and I might get a different tone than most people I know if I decide to get one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
My guess is since Dean likes to use in-house pickups on their guitars, and since Mike used JBs in the bridge of all of his old guitars, you're basically buying a rebranded duncan.

sell2792

Reaction score
Get a JB or a similar DiMarzio. Probably very similar and easier to come by ones to try on your own if you havent already.

Reaction score
Alright. I have a JB in my other guitar, so if the Tyrant is pretty much the same, why pay more for something if its pretty much the same anyway. Seymour Duncan make good pickups, I like my JB, so I guess I'll just drop one in my other guitar. thanks guys :hbang:

')