Michael Angelo and John Petrucci Performance Together?

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
So does it exist??

I would love to see what exactly would arise if JP and MAB were playing live together, maybe trading of epic improvised riffs and solos.

In my opinion these guys are the top 2. as far as musicality and shredding:shred: go, So if anyone knows of a video or something of them playing I would very much appreciate a link.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I have yet to listen to MAB truly improvising. Don't get me wrong...he is a great player but I have never heard him improvise something and make it sound fresh and new.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
IMHO, MAB was cool for all of 5 minutes to me; and, after seeing DT live, I really don't find JP to be all that great either....

Give me Guthrie and perhaps IA for a cool improv session.

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Suppose we come from totally different worlds then when it comes to this, can't please everyone I suppose.

berzerkergang

Banned
Reaction score
This would prove only one thing.... Petrucci really DOES have a Micheal Angelo Batio button on his floorboard :lol:

**if you didnt get the joke, go watch the rig review spoof**

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt that's ever happened/will happen. I just don't see them working together... those two are completely different in all respects, aside from the fact that they both can play extremely fast. But that's where similarities end. I HIGHLY doubt I'd like it anyway :lol:

berzerkergang

Banned
Reaction score
Man this thread made me do it... had to be done. If you havent seen these, please watch them both lol.

Both are a must see

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha :lol: those are classic guitarist videos.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
IMHO, MAB was cool for all of 5 minutes to me; and, after seeing DT live, I really don't find JP to be all that great either...
1345834178446.jpg

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Their performance was underwhelming to say the least and their last few records really haven't done anything for me. Their opener (Three) stole the show from DT, BTBAM, and Opeth....no qualms about saying that.

Doug N

Reaction score
Their performance was underwhelming to say the least and their last few records really haven't done anything for me. Their opener (Three) stole the show from DT, BTBAM, and Opeth....no qualms about saying that.

I think the band that played before Three was even better than that, whoever they were.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score

Are you talking about that Prog Nation tour several years ago? That was a pretty disappointing set by Opeth, both because it was way too short for a band like Opeth, and because almost all of their songs were my least favorite song off of whichever album they came from.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I think the band that played before Three was even better than that, whoever they were.

I only saw there were a total of four bands on the bill.

Are you talking about that Prog Nation tour several years ago? That was a pretty disappointing set by Opeth, both because it was way too short for a band like Opeth, and because almost all of their songs were my least favorite song off of whichever album they came from.

Yep; and yes, I would agree about their set being too short. However, Three's performance blew Opeth away the other two times I've seen them (Opeth) as well. I don't know of I've ever heard a better live vocalist...