Michael Romeo Caparison Signature Model (NEW)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got word from Caparison that they are releasing a brand new model, the Michael Romeo signature model (Dellinger-MJR) in Pro.White. Michael Romeo of course is the guitarist for Symphony X. This is really exciting news as he is one of the few guitar virtuoso types who I really enjoy listening to, amazing player. I figured I'd share the news with you guys, as I know there are lot of SX fans around here (even if they'd never buy this guitar is still is cool to know :metal:)

The guitar features a mahogany body, maple neck, maple fretboard w/ no inlays, a Schaller trem, a DiMarzio X2N/Tone Zone pickups, Caparison's "pro" finish (which he likes to use on his mahogany guitars as it supposedly accentuates the low mids more), 25.5 scale, CTS pots, and of course a custom hard case.

The MJR is going into production in October. If anyone is interested in picking one of these up, certainly hit me up and I'll reserve one for you. I've sold a bunch of Caparisons thus far, they've all been really nice but this one is really unique for the line. There are no other current models with a maple board so this diversifies the lineup a bit :yesway:

dellinger-mjr.jpg

dellinger-mjrhead.jpg

dellinger-mjrneck.jpg

dellinger-mjrpu.jpg

08michaelromeo.jpg

Thanks for reading, take care! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
That's cool! Michael is very, very talented d00d so i guess he actually deserves a signature model, not like those Atreyu d00ds on ESP... :squint:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's cool! Michael is very, very talented d00d so i guess he actually deserves a signature model, not like those Atreyu d00ds on ESP... :squint:

I like ESP, but they even endorsed Dani Filth and he doesn't even PLAY guitar. They've gotten a bit out of hand in recent years :)

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
Hum, the biggest departure from his ESP seems to be the DiMarzio pickups instead of the EMGs.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
Yep, but Nick, they have also endorsed the singer of Dimmu Borgir :lol:

They basicly want to endorse anyone who has ever even touched guitar! :squint:

But guys like Jeff from Slayer, George Lynch and Stephen Carpenter have done something for to get signature models :yesway:

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
oh my god, its times like this i wish i had more money for one :( lol any idea how much their going to cost??

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
awesome! that thing is sick, it's made from wood of win!

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats to Romeo, he deserves it, definitely one of my favourite guitarists on the planet. It also looks incredibly hot, I like it. Not helping my Caparison G.A.S. (which was NEARLY subsided.....:()

Demeyes

Reaction score
Wow, that is going to be awesome. I'm really loving the blank maple fretboard look these days. So simple but really classy looking.:hbang:
Good for Romeo too, he doesn't get as much attention as he probably deserves.

D

Desecrated

It looks kinda plain compared to his old guitars. But I'm glad for him. He deserves it.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hbang: Very cool! Thanks for the head's up on this model! When I saw them on Gigantour a couple years ago, I thought that guitar looked sexy. :yesway:

blackout

Reaction score
Ah man that would look so nice next to my loomis! GAS

And thats pretty cool that romeo got a sig, i'd like to see them come up with one for James Murphy next.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, that is going to be awesome. I'm really loving the blank maple fretboard look these days. So simple but really classy looking.:hbang:
Good for Romeo too, he doesn't get as much attention as he probably deserves.

Yeah it's really minimalist but I've always liked that on guitars :)

oh my god, its times like this i wish i had more money for one :( lol any idea how much their going to cost??

Yes I do know the price but I'm going to wait a few days until announcing that (once Caparison lists it on their website officially).

:hbang: Very cool! Thanks for the head's up on this model! When I saw them on Gigantour a couple years ago, I thought that guitar looked sexy. :yesway:

Cool, no problem :)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Since the "official" stuff is behind the scenes now here is Romeo with his original

romeo_caparison.jpg

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Yep, but Nick, they have also endorsed the singer of Dimmu Borgir :lol:

They basicly want to endorse anyone who has ever even touched guitar! :squint:

But guys like Jeff from Slayer, George Lynch and Stephen Carpenter have done something for to get signature models :yesway:

At least Shagrath a) played guitar for Dimmu for a few albums, and is pretty competent and b) plays guitar currently in Chrome Division. Dani Filth I just don't get...

')