Michael Romeo demonstrating solo from 'Eve of Seduction'

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
I was always wondering how that solo was played..

Damn you Michael and your impossibly awesome riffs.:fawk:

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Such a great and underrated player. There are a bunch of those clips where he demonstrates his solos, and they all kick ass.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really neat. The thing about how he mutes his strings while tapping was actually pretty informative. :yesway:

Also, he's gotta use some pretty light strings considering some of the bends in that clip. :eek:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, he's gotta use some pretty light strings considering some of the bends in that clip. :eek:

Well he's always in D standard so it may seem like that.

His string skipping tapping stuff is unreal.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
D Standard is right, I'm not sure what exact gauge he uses, but I don't think its anything very heavy, so they would be quite bendable.

Such a great and underrated player. There are a bunch of those clips where he demonstrates his solos, and they all kick ass.

I think the earlier ones are from his 'Guitar Chapter' video which is reasonably rare...

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely one of my favourite players, I can't even begin to be influenced by him though, my hands just dont work that fast....

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
:bowdown:

Technique and so much feeling too, great vibrato (Kirk Hammett, take a lot at Romeo's technique will ya:lol:).

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe he uses regular 10-46 strings tuned down to D standard.

He is exactly what I always wanted to be as a metal player when I was growing up. What I love most about his shredding is how musical it all is. His solos are pieces of music, not just exercises in showing off.

I would love for him to do another solo album. I enjoy The Dark Chapter, but he was too much into the neoclassical thing back then; he's gotten so much better as a player and writer since then. And thank the gods he got rid of the poofy Blackmore-style shirts, eh? :lol:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
kick ass guitar play.... but one of the most stylistcally challenged guitar players around too :lol: bad hair and goofey shirts. but who cares, romeo kicks ass

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
mikes the shit!!! might i say he is also a great producer for his band his Mixes/recording of Symphony X are stellar! man this "caparison" in a 7 string i'd be all over it...

')