Mick thomp. sig

• Thread starter tekkadon d
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
played his sig, well the cheaper one today and wtf with that neck?
its so thin and flat, but i liked it and want one now. lol
i didnt think necks got to that kind of extreme. mind you i dont play many diff guitars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
played his sig, well the cheaper one today and wtf with that neck?
its so thin and flat, but i liked it and want one now. lol
i didnt think necks got to that kind of extreme. mind you i dont play many diff guitars

Believe it or not, as far as Ibanez goes, that was actually a relatively thick neck.

Reaction score
well ive played ibanez before and owned one. maybe its been too long with a schecter but i felt like i was going to snap the neck or something
lol
i really want one now

Sebastian

Reaction score
it's Mick Thomson .. no P in his last name :rofl:.

the MTM2 is a really good guitar , my friend has one and it plays great :yesway:

Reaction score
^well soooory lol
yeah plus its like kinda half my dream guitar, well has alot of elements i look for in a guitar

Sebastian

Reaction score
^well soooory lol
yeah plus its like kinda half my dream guitar, well has alot of elements i look for in a guitar

No need to be sorry.. I'm not a fan or anything.. but it's good to keep things the right way :yesway:

Yeah.. thats a cool looking guitar :metal:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the MTM2 has, but the MTM1s I've played were pretty thin, but the thinnest I've ever played was a Jackson soloist that had a lolly pop stick neck on it, definitely not a "good" thin like Ibanez do.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
Mick Said in an interview that the necks on his gutiars are basicly JEM necks because hes a big Vai fan :)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mick Said in an interview that the necks on his gutiars are basicly JEM necks because hes a big Vai fan :)

That's basically what the Wizard II is, it's a JEM derivative. Very similar contour as well, though the radius is different.

willyman101

Reaction score
I used to want the MTM1 but I would never have bought it, why do people have to put huge, ugly inlays on sigs? Who really wants SEVEN stamped on their guitar? Not me, the number 7 has absolutely zero relevance to me.

potatohead

Reaction score
I am highly considering the new white MTM2, I love reverse 'stocks and the white is nice. I'll put smaller strings on and tune it differently but that's a pretty easy change. I am pretty sure it's just a standard Wizard II, although the MTM1 is probably different (which I think is a neck thru anyway).

Reaction score
with the neck, it just seemed very flat compared to my old ibanez. but it was comfy. would you be able to swap out the fixed edge 3 for a pro or something>? aswell

x3030150hates

Reaction score
I seen this thread, so I looked it up. I had no idea he had an Ovation sig. acoustic. I love Slipknot, knew he had an Ibanez signature. I'm more of a Jim Root fan. Wish he would've kept the tele sig.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
with the neck, it just seemed very flat compared to my old ibanez. but it was comfy. would you be able to swap out the fixed edge 3 for a pro or something>? aswell

There's no point in swapping out the Fixed Edge III, as it is just that, fixed. Not to mention nothing will really fit other than an NOS Lo-Pro Edge Fixed off of an old JS6000.

Defsan

Reaction score
I own an MTM2 and the neck is really very nice; probably the best I've played with, second only to that 27-fret Xiphos.
If you do get one, change the pickups.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
If you like it, get it. As simple as that.

And if you want to change the bridge to a Floyd Rose-type tremolo, like Edge Pro, it will be a hell of a job, cause the fixed bridge in MTM2 doesn't have the room and routes for a tremolo, so you would have to route almost everything for it. If you want a tremolo, check out some other Ibanez models, I'm sure you'll like em'.

Latest posts

')