Mick Thompson using the new Ibanez X Series

• Thread starter maliciousteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Slipknot make my head hurt..so do Ibanez guitars..seems like a perfect match. Lemme get my migraine meds..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't find the glaive pic I likely trashed it, but here's the kreator video from Hellfest you can see it clearly there
Hellfest : Kreator - ARTE Live Web

Best thing is the Google Chrome translated from German to English says, "The band is made of food for 25 years the undisputed leader of the German thrash metal and besieged the scene today as it was with stylish aggressiveness."

Probably supposed to be, "This band is from Essen, Germany..."

Shrooms

THE WALLS ARE MELTIN
Reaction score
it's got the same kind of vibe as his old BC Rich days, but it looks nicer to my eyes.

also, i didn't know they were back in action, never really heard anything about it after Paul died. I remember them talking about quitting it if any one of them ever died or anything like that, but apparently they realized they were wrong?

Look how many 13 year old fanboys are in that crowd... Waaaaaay too much money flowing around for them to just stop.

Slipknot are just a bunch of whiny sellouts.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have started this thread. This place is slowly becoming like Harmony Central :noway:

There can't just be a straight up thread about the subject, there's always people who have to chime in and bitch about a band they don't like.

atticmike

Reaction score
the shape of the guitar looks like a fucking tribal any cunt would tattoo on their back...

jl-austin

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have started this thread. This place is slowly becoming like Harmony Central :noway:

There can't just be a straight up thread about the subject, there's always people who have to chime in and bitch about a band they don't like.

To be honest, I had never seen them (or even heard) them play (I know the names from Fender and Ibanez endorsements). I appreciated this video, it gave me a chance to see them.

I always enjoy seeing what other guitar players are playing (especially live). To be honest, the thread has stayed pretty much on topic (except for those of us who actually prefer the Fender, which is not what the thread started out being). I am actually surprised it has stayed on topic as much as it has.

oh, and, yeah, once again, that Fender is hawt!

atticmike

Reaction score

Well, what do you expect from a forum?

Of course, you shouldn't mix mick tompson's new six string along with slipknot and throw it into the same pot to just have another reason to bitch about the stronger tasting flavor, which is the band for most of the people I presume.

Being honest, the shape just doesn't fit the regular Ibanez style and looks kind of childish, not thought-out.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

He has a really nice custom FR here for those who haven't seen that.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
The Glaive is still a pile of shit.

That Jazzmaster that Jim was using was cool, I like dat. Let's hope they make it...

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
Relevant bump

Fist_of_Mick-a.jpg

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
:shrug: I thought the video was a good way to show that the glave isn't as goofy as it first seemed...I don't like slipknot one bit, but I don't think the glave looks as terrible now that i've seen it in perspective, and use.

')