Mick thomsom blackout clean tone?

• Thread starter shikharespoiu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    mtm 1
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:nuts:
can i get some descent clean tones with seymour duncan blackouts mick thomsom signature?:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
can i get some descent clean tone with seymour duncan blackout mick thomson signature:nuts:

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
info's regarding your amp and settings would help. ;)

blackrobedone

Reaction score
Yes, they clean up pretty well for actives. The only Blackout that won't get you a clean tone is the Blackouts Metal - avoid those like genital herpes.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, they clean up pretty well for actives. The only Blackout that won't get you a clean tone is the Blackouts Metal - avoid those like genital herpes.

I had the AHB-1 standard Blackouts and the level was so high it slightly distorted the clean tone. It was a slight breakup but it was annoying, I could only alleviate it by rolling back the volume. Wound up returning them anyway cause I preferred the tone of my EMG 85 in the bridge.

Rev.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
They make my Axe-FX sound like I still have a boost in front of the amp block for my cleans. Makes it very difficult to get super sparkling cleans without rolling the volume pot back a bit. It's certainly possible though.

raximkoron

Reaction score
I use the AHB-1's and just have to roll the volume back on the guitar slightly if I want pristine cleans, but I like a very slight amount of dirt in my cleans so I usually just keep the volume up.

That's been the case with the 3 rigs I've gone through with those pickups (B52 AT-100 head, Engl E530 into a Peavey Classic 120 power amp, and finally both an Engl E530 and Peavey Rockmaster into a VHT 2/90/2 power amp).

blister7321

Reaction score
:lol:

yeah the emtys should clean up nicely
from what ive noticed they are the perfect hybrid of the regular and the metal blackouts so youll get the beastly distortions and the nice cleans

')