Micro Cube RX

• Thread starter FortePenance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    poop
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FortePenance

Reaction score
MICRO_CUBE_RX_big.jpg

Yeah, so I tried it.

Whoever came up with the idea of using 4 speakers in a tiny amp is clearly not the brightest of fellows. The tone is way tinnier than the 1 speaker Microcube, even though that only had a single 5". The amp presets also sounded way more muffled- I had to set bass and mids at 0, with trebles on 10 to get anything but mud out of the Classic Stack channel.It was also a lot heavier than the regular Micro which kinda struck me as odd. The only feature that really sort of upped the RX against the Microcube were the drum loops (for lols, set the country beat at a really high tempo, blastbeats) but that's honestly just a novelty feature.

It felt like Roland was just trying to cram a lot of different features into 1 amp without careful consideration of tone and I see the RX very much targeted at the beginniner guitarist who thinks "oh cool, effects... and drums!". However, for the more experience guitarist, the Microcube sounds infinitely better than it's RX counterpart and is a lot cheaper too. Save yourself the money and effort of trying/buying the RX.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffy

Reaction score
Good to know. Since I just bought a Microcube. But was buying the RX.

I still kindof want a Cube 60. But I think it's time I start to save some pennies for a real tube amp.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, i was wondering what they were thinking with putting four tiny speakers in there. I'm guessing that the four tiny speakers use up less physical depth inside the cabinet so they could cram in the board for the drum machine. Silly.