Might sell orange rockerverb 100 mkii for Marshall jvm 410h; good idea or bad?

• Thread starter Shift
  • Start date
  • Tags
    orange
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize that a triple rec and mark V are both 3 channel amplifiers (I know rectos have 3 modes per channel, dunno about mark series) that will be more versatile on their own then the Orange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I owned a JVM 205H before I sold it to get the Mark V. The JVM is a great amp, and had a lot of features that I miss. The footswitch is completely programmable, and remembers all your switch settings. The Mark V is just different though, and I prefer the tones over the JVM. You can get a JVM for much cheaper though.

peldikuneptun

the septic lord
Reaction score
if you're playing metal (and going to get a JVM), I'd suggest to change the powertubes. EL34's in my JVM205h got really muddy really fast, whereas the KT77s are tight, louder, have more headroom and cut like a scalpel. I think for the price you probably will get for the Orange you could get a 2-channel JVM *and* an Engl E530, to run through the JVM power section (like I do, when the need for a more "scooped" sound arises).

Shift

Ethereal Creator
Reaction score
I've decided on a mk v. Complicated ass eq but when you toy with it enough some pretty amazing stuff can happen

fitterhappier

More Productive
Reaction score
if you're playing metal (and going to get a JVM), I'd suggest to change the powertubes. EL34's in my JVM205h got really muddy really fast, whereas the KT77s are tight, louder, have more headroom and cut like a scalpel. I think for the price you probably will get for the Orange you could get a 2-channel JVM *and* an Engl E530, to run through the JVM power section (like I do, when the need for a more "scooped" sound arises).

Or the power tubes in the Rockerverb could be switched out too. 6L6's would give you that tighter metalcore sound you're looking for.

Latest posts

')