Mile PR Thread

iPotato12

Reaction score
So, after years of running and pushing myself, I've gone from "running" a 10 minute mile, to about a 5:40, which now stands as my PR (Personal Record). What are your mile times, for those of you who run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Either 5:40 or 5:45, I can't remember for sure.

But that was 10 years ago, I just restarted running 3 weeks ago after not doing it for the majority of the past 10 years and doubt I could do much better than 7:00 or high 6's right now.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Personal record was running a 9:15 and sweaty fucking buckets while doing so :lol: This was after working on HIIT and then saying "Fuck it, let's see what I can do" and a balls-to-the-wall run was cut down from my casual at-the-time time of around 10:35ish

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
My best mile is 5:25. I realized my weakest point on the mile was the last lap, so I've been working on finishing REALLY strong.

broj15

Reaction score
How in shape I'm in fluctuates through out the year. In the winter I'd be lucky to finish under 10 minutes, but in the summer after I've gotten back into shape by playing golf once a week (9 holes, no cart, carrying my own bag) and playing tennis 3 times a week I can usually come in around 7:35.

iPotato12

Reaction score
My best mile is 5:25. I realized my weakest point on the mile was the last lap, so I've been working on finishing REALLY strong.
Yeah, no doubt. I slow down on the 3rd lap pretty bad. Unlike others, I'd rather run in a straight line with some curves and stuff instead of a 400m track. I push 6 on a 400m track, but PR in straight lines. odd, ha. :scratch:

Bevo

Reaction score
Man, you guys are going to make me try this mile..I run far and not to fast so don't expect any ground breaking numbers!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, you guys are going to make me try this mile..I run far and not to fast so don't expect any ground breaking numbers!

You could just take your current time and divide it by the amount of miles to get your time per mile? :idea:

Might not be your personal "best" but it'd be a current one, as for the ground-breaking aspect - shit look at mine! It's nothing impressive but I'm cool with it given my physique; although it'd be nice to find some sort of chart saying what an average mile run time is as size increases vs. just "the average male runs an 8 minute mile." Well what the fuck is "average" when compared to nothing? In this case I'm running a 9:15 which is an extra :75 over the "average" but my body sure as shit isn't average.

troyguitar

Reaction score
It's interesting how some people can run far and not fast, others fast and not far, and then there are a few badasses who can do both.

I have a hard time running any slower than 8:00/mile pace, to the point that I cannot run any further at slower paces than I can at 8:00 unless I slow all of the way down to walking. However, the idea of running for 30+ minutes is completely foreign to me. I have never run for longer than 20 minutes at once in my entire life, never been able to. By the time I get to 20 minutes I feel like I'm literally about to die, I even felt that way back when I was 16 and could run a mile under 6 minutes.

Bevo

Reaction score
I looked at my last tempo run witch is a fast paced continuos run and my average was 7:15 and my fast pace was 6:30 this was over 9 miles.

Maybe I am not so slow after all!!

Some of the guys I run with specifically my 50 year old bud can hold a 7 min pace in trails over 25 miles!
I can hang with him till 15 then I have to back off.

The difference is in the fast and slow twitch muscle fibers, very few have both. The short distance guys with big legs are all fast, us skinny leg guys are slow. My bud has very muscular skinny legs.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt. I slow down on the 3rd lap pretty bad. Unlike others, I'd rather run in a straight line with some curves and stuff instead of a 400m track. I push 6 on a 400m track, but PR in straight lines. odd, ha. :scratch:
It's the opposite with me. I've never run the mile off the track in under 7 minutes, but on the track I have splits of under a minute on the first two laps before I die out.

iPotato12

Reaction score
I can run for around 45 minutes before I'm finally dead. In this cross country camp i did, we probably ran twice/triple that in one day. It was crazy.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
I can run for around 45 minutes before I'm finally dead. In this cross country camp i did, we probably ran twice/triple that in one day. It was crazy.
That sounds terrifying to me, because I want to do Cross Country next year, but the season starts in the middle of Ramadan, so I wouldn't get anything to eat or drink until hours after running for hours :ugh:.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I don't think Allah will smite you down for at least staying hydrated enough to keep out of the hospital during those runs.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
I don't think Allah will smite you down for at least staying hydrated enough to keep out of the hospital during those runs.
:lol: Well my cousins that did cross country managed to live while fasting, and make all-state. I just don't want to run in triple digit weather for hours on end.

Tiger

Reaction score
I have not gone for a mile PR in 2 years, so my old one of right at 6 is still the top for me.

Training to run for 24 hours straight at 10 minute mile pace does nothing to help that. :)

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I have not gone for a mile PR in 2 years, so my old one of right at 6 is still the top for me.

Training to run for 24 hours straight at 10 minute mile pace does nothing to help that. :)

Ultra marathon?

I was never a runner, even when I was in the Army. My absolute best 2 miles time was ~14:20, so I could say 7:10 is my fasest mile. Could have broke into the 6's if I pushed hard for just that mile, but never ran less than 2 miles at a time :shrug:

I have a friend that ran 10-miler's all the time (even did the Army 10 Mile competition, and placed REALLY well). His 6th and 7th mile times were sub-5:30, and every single mile was sub-5:50. Fucking insane.

Bevo

Reaction score

Ellie Greenwood just won the Vancouver road marathon and she is an ultra runner, she was surprised to win considering she does not run road or fast short marathon distance.

A friend of mine just did a 100 miler in 18 hours and won one here last year in 15 hours..damn fast!!

Tiger

Reaction score
Yea, Grindstone has a lot of up and a lot of down, I think the course PR is in the 18-19 hour range with most of the top 10 being in the 20 hours, so doing it in 24 may not even be realistic.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
My mile PR is just under 4:47 (it was like 4:46.82 or something).

')