Mills acoustics

• Thread starter goatLuke
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
that is right about when I ordered mine. I had to suck it up as I said in a couple posts above and just have him ship the cab unloaded (even though I paid for loaded) and buy my own speakers. He got me a real good deal through avatar on the speakers I basically had to buy twice. I figured atleast I would have a $1500.00 cab I could play than a $1100.00 receipt.
He says he is going to reimburse me but I am still skeptical.

I would say your best bet is to call and talk to him until you get your results. I hounded him like crazy for the last 2 mos. Or you find a ss.org member that lives near him that is willing to pay him a visit :scream:. hehehe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mesaboogie6l6

Reaction score
Calling Dave and getting an answer is difficult, I leave a message and get nothing back, it takes 2 or 3 months to get a reply back by email, it just keeps adding up to negative feedback (for him). I will hang in there until it's completed, then I will decide if his cabs are worth all the hype and talk.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
well i cant tell you what to do but my protocol became leaving him a message giving him 24 hours to respond and when that didnt happen I would call every day sometimes twice a day until he finally picked up or responded. I usually got in touch with him within a couple days.

The cab is great, but does it make up for all the bs that went in to getting it. I would say no :(

BHuard75

Reaction score
I'm on the "getting F'ed via Mills Train" too. I place my order in June 2011. Nothing but the run around now. A few lessons learned for me. Hes really putting his name through the shittah. Gonna be tough to maintain a reputable name after this. If he delivers. I'll keep my mouth shut. If he reopens without fulfilling my order.... Hes no more than an hours drive from my FL office in PB.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
well i got my cab but he still owes me 400 bucks so let me know if u take the drive hehe. Im gonna have a logo made for it that says asshat acoustics or something if he doesnt cough it up soon. no free promo from me hehe.

BHuard75

Reaction score
I wouldnt hold your breath for that $400. Ive come to the conclusion I got FucI{ed by this guy.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
dude blow up his phone. thats what i did just call relentlessly. He ultimately seems like a honest guy just truly getting crushed by this economy. Or I could be giving him too much credit. either way call him. again. and again. and again. and again. and again. and again. :)

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Terribly sorry to hear all the troubles about this guy. I really hoped of one day purchasing a Mills one day. Hope everything gets sorted out everyone.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
I just thought id let anyone know that is concerned, that through a lot of emails and messages I recieved half of the money he owed me today. So ultimately it seems as though Dave mills is truly the honest man he makes himself out to be and he is really going through a tough time. So I am really hoping that with some patience and maybe a little coaxing everyone else out there will eventually get what they are owed from Dave Mills. keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Wizard of Ozz

Arch-Mage of Metal
Reaction score
I had a Mills Afterburner 4X12. No issues when buying it from Dave... but I didn't like the sound of the cab. Too dark, bassy, and boomy. Not tight, bright and focused enough for me. The thing was built like a tank and weighed a ton though. Sorry to hear he's hit rough times.

Reaction score
bummer to read about all this. I had such good experiences with Mills and I was just thinking about putting in another order. Dave is a really great guy from my experience and hopefully this all gets resolved. he must really be down on his luck.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Pardon me being an asshole here, but I have absolutely zerO sympathy for a "business" that takes money from customers and doesn't deliver. That's called stealing. AND his cabs are expensive as shit. Down on his luck my ass. He got $1500 from you. He's obviously getting money. He runs a bad business. That's all there is to it.

/rant

Reaction score
good point.

but maybe he is using that cab money to pay for both his children that are dieing of cancer.

obviously a stretch...but just saying, desperate times call for desperate measures. you never know what someone might be dealing with.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
good point.

but maybe he is using that cab money to pay for both his children that are dieing of cancer.

obviously a stretch...but just saying, desperate times call for desperate measures. you never know what someone might be dealing with.

That's not a valid excuse.

It's sad, and in the court of public opinion, some would say forgivable, but there are far more and better options than what is essentially fraud.

I hope that is not the case, no one deserves to be in that position.

goatLuke

ss.org Noob
Reaction score
i took an extended hiatus from ss.org and pretty much anything guitar related :noway:, and I had no idea there was any activity on this thread. I would just like to let any one know that is interested that Dave Mills did make 100% good with me. It was a long and difficult transaction but in the end he did make it right. (which in my book is very commendable).

BHuard75

Reaction score
Anyone heard from DM lately? I had gotten a projection of 6-8 weeks back in Jun2012, but new that meant I wouldnt here from him for another 6-8 months after flooding him with email.

BHuard75

Reaction score
Anyone else here waiting on Mills in SS.org besides Oniduder and myself?

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
So I have been for the last 3 weeks trying to get him to send me the cab unloaded because he says it is done and he cant afford to order speakers.

:squint: shouldn't the first thing you do after you recive a payment is pay for the materials to fill said order? :squint: :squint: :squint:

BHuard75

Reaction score
Anybody whose on the hook with DM hear anything besides the Dec 2012 email he sent to existing customers? This guy is amazing. All these vendors are just AMAZING.

Latest posts

')