MIM Jacksons

• Thread starter jamesfarrell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamesfarrell

Use to Djent
Reaction score
Who's got one?

I ordered one of these. Which I guess are now made in Mexico.

images

I got this one which was made in Japan.

11041015_894752000568348_4332248790865029091_n.jpg

I'm assuming they are made in the same plant as the MIM Fenders. I've seen a few and the QC looks pretty good.

Looking for some input.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneLab

Bedroom Playa
Reaction score
Who's got one?

I ordered one of these. Which I guess are now made in Mexico.

images

I got this one which was made in Japan.

11041015_894752000568348_4332248790865029091_n.jpg

I'm assuming they are made in the same plant as the MIM Fenders. I've seen a few and the QC looks pretty good.

Looking for some input.

Thanks

I have that exact MIJ guitar. Probably the best guitar I own though I own much more expensive ones. I don't know about the MIM ones but I think they are made at the same plant that makes the Charvels correct? I had one of those and it was great.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I had a MIM DK2M and have a MIM So Cal. No complaints at all. I can't say the same for the Indo Pros, but the Mexican ones I've experienced are all great.

teddy_baca

Reaction score
I had two MIM DK2s (one red and one blue).
I definitely prefer the MIJ DK2Ms I've had before. The mim ones weren't bad, but the fretwork wasn't as good and they felt cheaper. The mims do look a lot better though (Especially the blue quilted top one).

JeffTD

Reaction score
So you ordered an MIM and got an MIJ? Or you have an MIJ and ordered an MIM? If it's the former, I'd say you lucked out but I have had great results with the Fender FMIC stuff out of Mexico, you just have to play around a bit to find a gem.

SwanWings

Reaction score
I love my mim dk2mht. It looks like bleach's but blue. The nut came off a couple times, but that was a quick fix. I put a shim in the neck pocket because the neck angle wasn't quiiiiiiite right, but now it's insanely shreddy!

jamesfarrell

Use to Djent
Reaction score
So you ordered an MIM and got an MIJ? Or you have an MIJ and ordered an MIM? If it's the former, I'd say you lucked out but I have had great results with the Fender FMIC stuff out of Mexico, you just have to play around a bit to find a gem.

The new ones, which are cheaper than what I bought, are MIM. That's the Black dominion pictured. They're around $1300

Mine, MIJ was $1600 new. Them Mexican dudes better make me a good one.

Looonnnnnggggg frign wait for it too. :scream:

Bleach31

Reaction score
I love my mim dk2mht. It looks like bleach's but blue. The nut came off a couple times, but that was a quick fix. I put a shim in the neck pocket because the neck angle wasn't quiiiiiiite right, but now it's insanely shreddy!

I keep thinking about getting the blue. What happened to the purple one you had?

As far as the nut problem Swan mentioned, I've heard about it a few times, and although mine has stayed put, a small dot of glue will fix it if you ever have it happen to one you buy!

SwanWings

Reaction score
Oh, I never had a purple one. There was someone who posted a ngd of a purple one, and in the thread i said I might want to buy it off them if they decided not to keep it. they did offer it to me, but I ended up not taking it due to lack of funds

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been pretty impressed with the MIM Jacksons and especially the Charvels. Good quality for the price point - I don't think they're *quite* as good as the Japanese ones (especially the DK2M), but the ones I've played have been close.

jamesfarrell

Use to Djent
Reaction score
G'damn 150 day wait for Dominions.

I guess nobody likes them, hence only making 5 or whatever / year.

Frustrating. Everybody just loves standard strat shapes. Everyone except me.

')