Miracle Man 7 w/ Mahogany or Basswood

jstarkey

Reaction score
So about a month ago I was able to get a good deal on some BKP Miracle Mans, planning on putting it in my Ibanez RG7321 (basswood). It's an older RG so it has that crappy old bridge that always digs into my palms. I realize I can switch out the saddles for graph-tech ones, but I was wondering what people thought of the RGA 7 (mahogany).

IMO its a much prettier guitar :metal: and most would agree that a guitar with a mahogany body is better than one with basswood. Does anyone know whether an Ibanez made from mahogany w/ a Miracle Man sounds better than an Ibanez made from basswood w/ a miracle man?

Essentially- Basswood + Miracle Man or Mahogany + Miracle Man?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
MMin Basswood kills I had one in a7620 (bridge) and I loved it. I haven't tried one in a Mahogany body. Email Zimbloth he is the resident BK expert/dealer.

jstarkey

Reaction score
Yea, the reason i went with the miracle mans (men?) was because i heard such great things about what they did with basswood.

& as far as emailing BKP, I should've thought to do that first - thanks! If anyone else has info that would be great, I'll post what I find out from BKP

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Miracle Man will improve basswood, but the first one I heard that made me go 'damn, that sounds good' was in a Mahogany guitar.

Either really, how much mid do you want? If you want the mid to stand out more and have more chunk, go for the mahogany.

')