Mishas Sig?

InVinoVeritasXXX

Reaction score
I can agree with some of what the naysayers are saying(there's cheaper/better options, bad resale value, who knows if you'll even like it in ten years), but in my opinion, there's waaaaaay worse mistakes to make as a 19-year-old. He's buying an overpriced guitar, not hard drugs, diseased prostitutes, or Magic: the Gathering cards. If his "vice" is spending what he has to to get what is right now his "dream guitar", more power to him. Two things though if your parents are helping you out though: you better not ever sell that guitar unless it's personally to another leftie who will appreciate it just as much and you better not put your parents in a nursing home when they're old and weathered. I don't care if they crap their Depends every hour on the hour, you are gonna treasure that funk with a smile as you play your artisan doodlefiddle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Oofffff, this kid is going to suffer from some SERIOUS growing pains in the next couple years. Surprised he hasn't already, 19 is not that young...(old enough to legally kill another human being O_O)

The whole situation is so awkward. It's painfully obvious that the specs of this guitar have nothing to do with it being his dream guitar, considering he could get the thing made for half the price by any top-tier luthier. Literally just paying out the ass for having a Misha™ guitar.

I think it's incredibly hilarious and ironic that he keeps saying he's going to be the owner of the first and only lefty Jugg. Yet, his immediate plan is to get THE SAME GUITAR again, which intrinsically voids his "dream". I'm sorry if I'm coming off harsh, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I feel bad for everyone involved in this.

Direct, (and brutal, but) honest statement to Wildman:

Your priorities as a musician are completely out of wack. If you're so quick to jump on a horrible, financially crippling deal like this, I fear for what decisions you'll make as you get older.

xzacx

Reaction score
like if somehow the Tele shape of the guitar would make it sound different :nuts:...... Its an electric guitar with a EMG humbucker in the bridge, of course it does metal, shape of the guitar attached to its irrelevant

I always laugh at this example when people offer it showing the versatility of a Tele.

Reaction score
Oofffff, this kid is going to suffer from some SERIOUS growing pains in the next couple years. Surprised he hasn't already, 19 is not that young...(old enough to legally kill another human being O_O)

The whole situation is so awkward. It's painfully obvious that the specs of this guitar have nothing to do with it being his dream guitar, considering he could get the thing made for half the price by any top-tier luthier. Literally just paying out the ass for having a Misha™ guitar.

I think it's incredibly hilarious and ironic that he keeps saying he's going to be the owner of the first and only lefty Jugg. Yet, his immediate plan is to get THE SAME GUITAR again, which intrinsically voids his "dream". I'm sorry if I'm coming off harsh, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I feel bad for everyone involved in this.

Direct, (and brutal, but) honest statement to Wildman:

Your priorities as a musician are completely out of wack. If you're so quick to jump on a horrible, financially crippling deal like this, I fear for what decisions you'll make as you get older.

Cool story, bro.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Ughhh quit worrying about it lol, I've gotten the price down to $6,800 and might be able to negotiate it down even further. Financing will make this much easier on mine and my parents money, I will be taking up 90% of the load anyways, my dad is only gonna help out with the interest rates and such. I'm currently looking into getting a full time day job and top of my already great night job to make more than enough money to pay for it.

like-button-png-2.png

good on you, if that the case, then go for it!!, and glad they bring down the price a bit.

One thing tho. I know they arent allowing you to change the color of it,and for those complaining, well thats part of the "signature" guitar, if the color is different, then its not a sig anymore. And Im with you on the blue laguna burst, I would pick the same finish. BUT, for that kind of cash be 100% sure they are giving you the top of the cream of mapple quilt tops. Honestly, you are paying x2-x3 times the standard price, so be sure they let you choose the top that you want and show you some options. I would burn the factory down if I pay that much for a custom and get one of those questionable "quilt" tops of the normal productions. Be sure to get the waveviest cilindriest, deepest quilt they had in their vault ;)

and I stand my ground on the you should get the chrome covers version of the pickups :D

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
like-button-png-2.png

good on you, if that the case, then go for it!!, and glad they bring down the price a bit.

One thing tho. I know they arent allowing you to change the color of it,and for those complaining, well thats part of the "signature" guitar, if the color is different, then its not a sig anymore. And Im with you on the blue laguna burst, I would pick the same finish. BUT, for that kind of cash be 100% sure they are giving you the top of the cream of mapple quilt tops. Honestly, you are paying x2-x3 times the standard price, so be sure they let you choose the top that you want and show you some options. I would burn the factory down if I pay that much for a custom and get one of those questionable "quilt" tops of the normal productions. Be sure to get the waveviest cilindriest, deepest quilt they had in their vault ;)

and I stand my ground on the you should get the chrome covers version of the pickups :D

Yup, at that price it better be the same top they would send to Misha if not better.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
As someone finishing up a graduate degree and looking forward to having a disposable income, I think we could lighten up. I'm sure we've all made ....ty purchases from time to time - but besides that, at the end of the day, this isn't a bad purchase, it's a one of a kind guitar that the purchaser is well within his rights of buying. Whether or not he "uses it correctly/to its fullest potential" is on him... and whatever that purpose is is entirely subjective anyways. Outside of the constraints of debt/responsibility, I'm sure everyone on this forum would buy gear like a madman anyways, right :D

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Interesting thread, my knee jerk reaction is to agree with everyone on how you could get way more out of your money, I know if it were mine I'd be going a different route. At the end of the day however it is your money so if this is really what it's gotta be then good luck to you :)

I however completely agree with the sentiment about the quality of the wood you are going to get, at that price they better make sure that the guitar gives you the impression you're about to perform cunnilingus on a freaking celestial being otherwise it's a total rip.

angl2k

Reaction score
like if somehow the Tele shape of the guitar would make it sound different :nuts:...... Its an electric guitar with a EMG humbucker in the bridge, of course it does metal, shape of the guitar attached to its irrelevant

Well I agree of course but I was quoting WildmanDaGod saying his Tele isn't good enough to do metal. JB and 81 are similar in output but he can just slap an EMG 81 or 57 or whatever and an AxeFX and play metal for years to come.

A-Branger

Reaction score
Well I agree of course but I was quoting WildmanDaGod saying his Tele isn't good enough to do metal. JB and 81 are similar in output but he can just slap an EMG 81 or 57 or whatever and an AxeFX and play metal for years to come.

aahh fair enough, I though he had some standard tele with single coils. Not familiar with the SD pickups names :)

SDMFVan

Reaction score
If I was 19 and still living at home the only thing I'd want $8k for would be my own place.

Also, I would say spending this kind of money on a single guitar is not "taking your musical career seriously".

vertibration

Reaction score
If I was 19 and still living at home the only thing I'd want $8k for would be my own place.

Also, I would say spending this kind of money on a single guitar is not "taking your musical career seriously"

Exactly, if you got that kind of money at 19, you should use it for your own place, new car, stuff like that. Hot chicks dont give a rats a$$ if you got a new lefty guitar, unless you plan on being a virgin till you're 40.

Buy a good lefty for $1000, something reputable, upgrade the pickups and go build yourself a solid foundation for life. Im 35, and trust me, you will look back and regret spending that kinda money on a guitar. You will always think "...., i coulda saved that $8-10,000 for a house

Dont be stupid

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
at least those are collectable and you can resell them later...

not so much drugs and prostitutes

Fair enough, but who dies wishing they had spent more money on magic cards. The other two...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hot chicks dont give a rats a$$ if you got a new lefty guitar, unless you plan on being a virgin till you're 40.

But this would be the *only* lefty Jackson Juggernaut. Dude's going to be droooowning.

asfeir

Reaction score
He should just buy the right handed one and play it a la Jimmy Hendrix. Now that's unique in the djent scene.

Latest posts

')