Mishas Sig?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
The Jackson CS guys are some of the most experienced in the business right now... If you would end up choosing similar specs on a guitar, why go to anyone else for the same price when you can get one of these without the super long wait time more often than not? a USA Jackson with these specs is easily worth the likely asking price. Like Brian said, not being able to afford something doesn't make it overpriced.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I wasn't aware non-Jackson luthiers were making USA Jackson guitars.

How exactly are you coming to the conclusion the price tag is too much here? If it's a USA model, then there will be highly experienced luthiers working on the guitars. Which USA based luthier were you referring to that would have stock on hand to provide these competing guitars, the financial backing to replace said guitars in case of a product defect on the spot, have enough brand recognition to have high resale value and the ability to mass produce these guitars in a quantity that would allow people to actually try the product in a store that could directly compete with Jackson USA?

The Jackson Broderick signature is very much not overpriced, it's just out of most peoples acceptable price range. If you don't want to pay the cash needed to obtain one, that doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Lemme see what it takes for Mayonnes to make a neck thru, floyd rose equipped stainless steel fretted guitar with Dimarzios from the Axe Palace....oh look...$4650. An equivalent Setius from Mayonnes matching Bulb's guitar clears $3500 US.

All that being said, if the 6 string version is within my finances to pick up, i'll be doing so.

I agree, but I don't think he knows that Jackson USA are actually done by luthiers. I think he assumes that productions models are all machine crafted like their korean counterparts.

Thorerges

Reaction score
If this guitar comes looking as good as the pictures, with the aforementioned specifications and all under $3000 then I am definitely on board. In my opinion, the JP series by Music man is all around the best value guitar you can find. Sure, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to own one and they're extremely playable guitars manufactured in the US.

If Jackson USA can pull the same thing off, it would be a huge deal, much to the benefit of all parties involved. The Jackson custom shop, much like Mayones/Suhr, is notoriously expensive and I would agree that you could be overpaying. However, the unbelievable quality makes a $3k price tag completely justified, at least in the modern market.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I agree, but I don't think he knows that Jackson USA are actually done by luthiers. I think he assumes that productions models are all machine crafted like their korean counterparts.

There are no guitars out there that are 100% manufactured by machine... at some level, every single guitar was in the hands of someone at some point. The difference between Luthiers like those in the Jackson CS and the people making the guitars in the indo factories, is that the craft is their passion. In the indo factories, it's mostly just a job to them. If you love what you do, and have the adequate knowledge and tools, the product will be good.

Thorerges

Reaction score
There are no guitars out there that are 100% manufactured by machine... at some level, every single guitar was in the hands of someone at some point. The difference between Luthiers like those in the Jackson CS and the people making the guitars in the indo factories, is that the craft is their passion. In the indo factories, it's mostly just a job to them. If you love what you do, and have the adequate knowledge and tools, the product will be good.

I saw the chapman guitars video and a lot of it is done by hand, you're 100% correct.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, the JP series by Music man is all around the best value guitar you can find. Sure, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to own one and they're extremely playable guitars manufactured in the US.

I am 100% behind this statement. EBMM makes absolutely amazing guitars with incredible consistency. However, they also have one of the most automated and machine controlled manufacturing systems I've ever seen.

Last edited:

mniel8195

Reaction score
If these are on the same level as the Suhr pro line I will be happy with my purchase.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I am 100% behind this statement. EBMM makes absolutely amazing guitars with incredible consistency. However, they also have one of the most automated and machine controlled manufacturing system I've ever seen.

Hey it works! They're some of the best production guitars out there, great customer service and every instrument feels perfect right out of the box!

EarlWellington

Reaction score
The Jackson CS guys are some of the most experienced in the business right now... If you would end up choosing similar specs on a guitar, why go to anyone else for the same price when you can get one of these without the super long wait time more often than not? a USA Jackson with these specs is easily worth the likely asking price. Like Brian said, not being able to afford something doesn't make it overpriced.

What about the recent CS builds with wrong frets material, or putting 23 frets instead of 24?... seems like some basic flaws from 'experienced' luthiers.

jonsick

Reaction score
What about the recent CS builds with wrong frets material, or putting 23 frets instead of 24?... seems like some basic flaws from 'experienced' luthiers.

These are embarrassing stories. I have two Jackson Custom Shops delivered in the last 14 months. The wait was long, but both guitars are perfect out of the box. To spec, as ordered and no problems.

If you can handle the long wait times, then it's worthwhile going for it.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey it works! They're some of the best production guitars out there, great customer service and every instrument feels perfect right out of the box!

Oh dude - I'm at the front lines promoting guitars built with as much machine processing as possible. It's the fit, finish, fretting and setup done by hand on an already borderline perfect product that really makes EBMM shine. I have yet to play JP model that i didn't believe was flat out awesome.

Those are definitely black marks on Jackson's record, but a couple of guitars with flaws that they were able to address and replace handily out of possibly thousands of guitars that have left that shop doesn't make the JCS bad quality.

Back on topic.

per7-WEB.jpg

:hbang:

bulb

Reaction score
Go visit the Fender Factory in corona (hell I shot a ton of pics while I was there, and posted that up when I did) I think you guys will be just as surprised at just how much is done by hand. The machines do a lot, and they start the process, but seriously all the detail work that actually matters is done by hand, in such a consistent way that it's kind of hard to imagine!

Daemon

The Nocturnal Chaos
Reaction score

Yep that's what I thought ! But I was apparently wrong. :noway:

But what I meant was that for the same price you can have a full custom with everything YOU decided. (Skervesen, and others)

I wasn't raging because "I'm poor and I can't afford guitar so it's overpriced" that was a quick and scornful shortcut you took here Brian. :nono:
But I know you that you know what you're talking about as I follow your guitar works for several years.

And the only few USA Jackson I saw wasn't that "stunning" regarding craftmanship (and in comparison to Mayones or handmade guitars I saw)

But as you said, I'm not close-minded, I'll be happy to have this sig in my hands and to make my own opinion.. :shred:

And to answer Bulb, I'll be also happy to see and know what is done by hand in big factories, like Jackson, ESP, Fender etc.. What a dream for a passionate of lutherie that I am !

Back to topic, I just wanted to tell you Bulb and others that think I am rage-man, that your signature seems to be at this day the most gorgeous Jackson I've ever seen IMO. This kind of standard and beautiful should have appeared way before (and not only for Jackson).

Peace guys :metal:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Anything more than 2500€ will be too much.
Come on guys, this is going to be some productions model.

Okay these are sexy beast (especially the Amber one), but for 2500€-3k you can have a full custom guitar done by a very good luthier.

The existing B6, Broderick, etc.. are already overpriced IMO.

BUT, this it's good to see some beautiful guitars from Jackson. Was bored of basswood black body with rosewood fretboard, etc..

Jackson usa swears by alder and ebony actually.

On topic, ive owned many ebmm , ibanez jcrafts, carvins, played many high end guitars and i just loved my usa sl2h more than anything. It was just a metallic black guitar but it was seriously incredible. If i played 6 strings id try to snag it right back. Anyone questioning the quality of this, any usa jackson owner can assure you these will be well worth the money.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep that's what I thought ! But I was apparently wrong. :noway:

But what I meant was that for the same price you can have a full custom with everything YOU decided. (Skervesen, and others)

I wasn't raging because "I'm poor and I can't afford guitar so it's overpriced" that was a quick and scornful shortcut you took here Brian. :nono:
But I know you that you know what you're talking about as I follow your guitar works for several years.

And the only few USA Jackson I saw wasn't that "stunning" regarding craftmanship (and in comparison to Mayones or handmade guitars I saw)

But as you said, I'm not close-minded, I'll be happy to have this sig in my hands and to make my own opinion.. :shred:

And to answer Bulb, I'll be also happy to see and know what is done by hand in big factories, like Jackson, ESP, Fender etc.. What a dream for a passionate of lutherie that I am !

:p Trust me. I'm in the same boat with not being able to afford all these absolutely sick guitars that I've been wanting for years. One of the reasons I started building was so i could build guitars that I've wanted.

Here's EBMM's factory tour. Big thing to remember - even if almost the entire guitar is done by machine, the fretwork, fine details and setup not being done properly can make a potentially awesome guitar into a total dud. Gotta have the right people making sure the guitar comes out awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqNQnBm3S0g

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Hopefully the Jackson custom shop isn't making bone head mistakes anymore since the factory was redone somewhat recently. Apparently they use to have to scramble all around the Fender facility to get what they needed, and that's clearly a recipe for mistakes. Now they have state-of-the-art machinery all in one place.

These look great and really, the pricing from the other thread (now deleted) was reasonable. Maybe more than random-Internet-luither-who-swears-he-can-build-anything-for-$1500, but reasonable for a world-class guitar manufacturer.

Gotta ask: any plans for a version with Floyd Rose???

bulb

Reaction score
Just wait a little bit guys, the ACTUAL pricing will be announced at NAMM haha, and you will be able to order as of then.

If the model does well, then it becomes easier to talk about variations!

Being optimistic though: If we did decide to do a floyd, would you guys prefer the OFR or the Low Profile bridge?

NemesisTheory

Reaction score
I've yet to have Jackson make a bone-head mistake, or any legit mistake on any of my customs. I've ordered some fairly odd and specific things from them over the years and all have been 100% plus. Sometimes they've even added little things to enhance the build. I only ever had one issue with the color on a guitar and that was a somewhat understandable miscommunication. Their wait times are kinda hard to endure and often run pretty late, but for me its always been worth it because I get a guitar that will be with me til the end. I doubt anyone will have any worries with these. These are probably the thing I'm most looking forward to seeing and learning more about at NAMM.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Just wait a little bit guys, the ACTUAL pricing will be announced at NAMM haha, and you will be able to order as of then.

If the model does well, then it becomes easier to talk about variations!

Being optimistic though: If we did decide to do a floyd, would you guys prefer the OFR or the Low Profile bridge?

I personally would prefer the low profile floyd. 🔥🔥🔥

')