Mishas Sig?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I prefer the OFR, but it's your sig! And I wouldn't not buy it on account of one over the other. Either one is better than a hardtail, which isn't much fun to me.

I asked mainly because I wasn't sure if it'd be part of the standard option list or not. I've seen some of your guitars in the past that had Floyds, so I thought maybe you liked having the option available.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Just wait a little bit guys, the ACTUAL pricing will be announced at NAMM haha, and you will be able to order as of then.

If the model does well, then it becomes easier to talk about variations!

Being optimistic though: If we did decide to do a floyd, would you guys prefer the OFR or the Low Profile bridge?

Ever play a Gotoh Floyd, like on a Suhr?

mniel8195

Reaction score
Are these going to have custom shop wait times? Or will these be ready to ship?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
For the love of.... guys, the "CNC vs 'hand-made' guitars" debate is long over, I posted this years ago... here's a refresher for those still confused by the concept so you stop arguing this thread off-topic already... :lol:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/luthiery-modifications-customizations/41039-ron-thorns-take-cnc-timeframes-etc-interesting-read.html

Just wait a little bit guys, the ACTUAL pricing will be announced at NAMM haha, and you will be able to order as of then.

If the model does well, then it becomes easier to talk about variations!

Being optimistic though: If we did decide to do a floyd, would you guys prefer the OFR or the Low Profile bridge?

SO can't wait! :D If you do a Floyd version, IMHO you'd be hard-pressed to find a better trem than the Gotoh Floyd (GE1996T version as Erwin stated) which is what Suhr uses on the Moderns. It is one of the best, again IMO, as far as tone and stability goes.

You might have to check though, considering how thin these bodies are supposed to be, they may have trouble adapting the current design directly for tremolo action without making the body thicker due to the sustain block sticking out of the bridge route on the back of the body. Just something you might want to run by the Jackson folks up front before folks start getting TOO excited. :rofl:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
^they could use a shorter block.

Which Goth actually offers... you can order them with blocks down to 33mm :yesway: Of course I'm sure if Jackson wanted to order a bunch for a model Gotoh would work with them if they needed shorter than that.

Yeah I guess we'd need to see dimensions for the actual depth on the sig model when it gets released. Some of those sideways shots look PRETTY darn thin and if the proto basswood/maple ones were thin enough for the bodies to cup/warp, I'm guessing it could be a concern. :lol: I'd just be careful with making the sustain block even shorter to accommodate the thinner body as the less mass you have there the thinner the overall tone tends to be, IME. :2c:

Keep in mind you can't get a 100% feel for how thin these are but that one shot gives you a decent idea of how thin we're talking:

attachment-1.jpg

Not sure if it's quite BM-level thin but if it is, a Floyd would be quite difficult without increasing the thickness of the body a tad or else you're going to have a sustain block slapping you in the stomach and/or nuts. :lol:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
There's no 7-string Gotoh Floyd other than the Ibanez trems. For 7 string locking trems, the only quality options that Jackson would have are OFR or Floyd Pro.

The body could be like the RGA and S-Series where it's very thin at the edges but plenty thick in the middle. I can't tell from these pics.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Not sure if it's quite BM-level thin but if it is, a Floyd would be quite difficult without increasing the thickness of the body a tad or else you're going to have a sustain block slapping you in the stomach and/or nuts. :lol:

Well, it's an archtop, the middle isn't as thin as the sides, you can judge approximately at the neck joint in that picture. Whether it would accommodate this or that block length is something I expect the Jackson guys know and they would choose accordingly. It's probably not thinner than an Ibby S.

mniel8195

Reaction score
Doesn't misha already own a couple of these guitars with Floyd rose bridges?

mniel8195

Reaction score
i would love to hear what the neck carve is like on this. If it was based on something jackson had already made or if it is similar to one of Misha's guitars.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
i would love to hear what the neck carve is like on this. If it was based on something jackson had already made or if it is similar to one of Misha's guitars.

I think the radius is gonna be 20" like Misha's customs, opposed to the 12 - 16 and the heel is gonna be like Misha's sigs too if thats what you're asking. The neck I'm sure will be fairly thin... Mmmshred

Also interesting update, theres a pic of the Seven string prototype in blue on instagram, with the chrome pickups, but no "P" inlay. Such interest.

Tj_saxon

Reaction score
Oh sweet mother of god that amber one is so damn sexy
Namm and my taxes need to hurry up and get here. Only jackson I have seen I've wanted since I was 15 and first saw the rhoads v if that helps you guys understand. Any who amazing job bulb. Beautiful guitar.

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
hmm I saw Misha having to tune in the middle of songs and now I'm wondering about the tunning stability of these. Could have been new strings or the humidity of the venue, but it certainly made me wonder. They all looked pretty amazing though.

Bucketheadtwo

ΔSCΞΠD BΞYΘΠD
Reaction score
Beautiful quilt top and cool colors
Ibanez RGA shape
Ibanez S-series thickness
24 frets
BKPs
End-fretboard truss adjustment
Knobs that aren't right up next to the freaking pickups
Jackson
Misha

As long as one of these 7s is under $2000 I am determined to get one and it will be my first fancy guitar.
All I can say is HYPE. :agreed:

')