Mishas Sig?

NickB11

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the figuring on the tops on the Bulb model will be better than those on the standard model?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think by all the pictures we have seen the answer is yes.

By all the pictures we have seen of guitars built for exhibition at the largest musical product convention in the world, yes. Definitely not sound logic to think that translates into the real world production line, but here's hoping.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Although it seems like some from both line had equally killer tops. I was wondering this too, but they are supposed to be highly figured AAA tops. We'll see, I guess. I hope it doesn't turn into the EBMM thing where a lot of the quilts and flames are kinda weak with figuring. It probably won't though; I don't think Misha would want that for his sig line.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ I doubt Misha has that much of a say in wood supply being used by Jackson for his specific line. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

It'll most likely be luck of the draw like many other brands. And either way what pictures are you guys even referencing? The only figured top models are the Bulb renditions in the NAMM pictures, and the only Juggernaut version is in a solid color.

My Jackson Broderick had a fantastic top, and I saw a few that were lackluster from the photos I saw back when I was looking between the specific models.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^ I doubt Misha has that much of a say in wood supply being used by Jackson for his specific line. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Misha said him buggering them (poor choice of words I know :lol:) was the reason why Jackson used legit maple tops on his sig model.

bulb

Reaction score
To answer the tops question:

The quality of tops will be the same across the 'bulb' and non 'bulb' quilt models, in fact I used the example of what was happening with the EBMM tops as what I didn't want to happen.

The thing to note is that I wanted the Laguna Blue finish to have less of that 'deep stain' look so that it would move more in the light (especially with it being a 5/8" top you get a lot of 3D motion)
Conversely the Amber Tiger Eye finish has the deep stain effect, meaning it's less 3D when you move it, but looks very nice from all angles. With the blue finish it really just depends on how the light catches it.

I happen to enjoy both kinds of tops and you kinda have to choose, so I figured one of each would be ideal. With that said, in person, both tops will look absolutely fantastic, but the average picture of the Tiger Eye top will look better as the light will not have to hit it in a specific way for it to "pop".

Anyways, hope that clears all that up, Jackson were very understanding when I stressed that the tops need to be of a certain quality for the guitar, and they are working to ensure that each one will be unique and beautiful.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
......... Jackson were very understanding when I stressed that the tops need to be of a certain quality for the guitar, and they are working to ensure that each one will be unique and beautiful.

...and they most certainly are beautiful. Very impressive looking guitars all the way around actually.

Guitarrags

Reaction score

The quality of tops will be the same across the 'bulb' and non 'bulb' quilt models, in fact I used the example of what was happening with the EBMM tops as what I didn't want to happen.

The thing to note is that I wanted the Laguna Blue finish to have less of that 'deep stain' look so that it would move more in the light (especially with it being a 5/8" top you get a lot of 3D motion)
Conversely the Amber Tiger Eye finish has the deep stain effect, meaning it's less 3D when you move it, but looks very nice from all angles. With the blue finish it really just depends on how the light catches it.

I happen to enjoy both kinds of tops and you kinda have to choose, so I figured one of each would be ideal. With that said, in person, both tops will look absolutely fantastic, but the average picture of the Tiger Eye top will look better as the light will not have to hit it in a specific way for it to "pop".

Anyways, hope that clears all that up, Jackson were very understanding when I stressed that the tops need to be of a certain quality for the guitar, and they are working to ensure that each one will be unique and beautiful.

Hey Misha!

Earlier in the thread the Laguna Blue was represented in two shades. Will the Laguna Blue's differ between the Juggernaut model and the Bulb model?

Thanks

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window

BAM! That is how it's done, son. Go Jackson.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Jesus those are some seriously guitar-nerdy requirements for a signature guitar in retrospect haha, but it's so cool to see a major guitar company taking note of your high standards and preferences. Every single one of those guitars are beautiful, glad to hear they knocked it outta the park for you with these models.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Awesome glad you asked them for that :D

I'm having a hard time deciding which finish I want this guitar in, the solid finishes are just as sweet as the colored stains.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey Misha!

Earlier in the thread the Laguna Blue was represented in two shades. Will the Laguna Blue's differ between the Juggernaut model and the Bulb model?

Thanks

The colors are consistent across the regular and 'bulb' models.

bulb

Reaction score
Jesus those are some seriously guitar-nerdy requirements for a signature guitar in retrospect haha, but it's so cool to see a major guitar company taking note of your high standards and preferences. Every single one of those guitars are beautiful, glad to hear they knocked it outta the park for you with these models.

One of the many reasons I wanted to work with Jackson is that they were willing to work with all of my specifics. They actually said they were grateful that I knew exactly what I wanted as it made things very clear moving forward on the design.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Excellent. I don't think any guitarists with signatures are as transparent and communicative as you are!

Qazy

Reaction score
The only bad thing about this guitar is that it may so good that none will come up on the used market :lol: time to start saving.

PiggySmallz

Reaction score
I'm not even a periphery fan boy (I am thoroughly enjoying Omega right now though), but I put in an order for a PRS Mark Holcomb signature and now it looks like I'll be buying my first Jackson as well.

Misha built one beautiful and incredibly spec'd guitar. The gas hurts soooo bad.

btbg

Reaction score
I actually just placed a pre-order for the Juggernaut in Laguna Burst with Long and McQuade. With them starting to ship in April I've more than enough time to convince my wife it's a viable purchase.

katsumura78

Reaction score
I'm torn between laguna burst or the silver burst sparkle in a 7. Any official demo videos of this guitar coming out?

bulb

Reaction score
I'm torn between laguna burst or the silver burst sparkle in a 7. Any official demo videos of this guitar coming out?

I filmed something at Jackson HQ and they are putting it together now, my playing is all shot so I apologize in advance.

If it helps at all, the silverburst has a basswood body which to my ears gives it a bit more spank and Attack, makes the guitar djentier. The alder/maple has a bit more of a low mid focus making it very full sounding and giving it lots of purr.

')