Mishas Sig?

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I filmed something at Jackson HQ and they are putting it together now, my playing is all shot so I apologize in advance.

If it helps at all, the silverburst has a basswood body which to my ears gives it a bit more spank and Attack, makes the guitar djentier. The alder/maple has a bit more of a low mid focus making it very full sounding and giving it lots of purr.

Thanks for making have to buy not one but two of your sigs now :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Man some of these look killer. SS frets and that scale length is awesome. It would have been lock it for me if it only had the inline 6 reversed headstock.

But either way, congrats on the whole deal Misha, very nice!

(also in response to your earlier question IF you do end up with a Floyd version ... go for the Gotoh version!:))

Guitarrags

Reaction score
Hope we see a side to side tone compare between the alder and the basswood.

electriceye

Reaction score
To answer the tops question:

The quality of tops will be the same across the 'bulb' and non 'bulb' quilt models, in fact I used the example of what was happening with the EBMM tops as what I didn't want to happen.

The thing to note is that I wanted the Laguna Blue finish to have less of that 'deep stain' look so that it would move more in the light (especially with it being a 5/8" top you get a lot of 3D motion)
Conversely the Amber Tiger Eye finish has the deep stain effect, meaning it's less 3D when you move it, but looks very nice from all angles. With the blue finish it really just depends on how the light catches it.

I happen to enjoy both kinds of tops and you kinda have to choose, so I figured one of each would be ideal. With that said, in person, both tops will look absolutely fantastic, but the average picture of the Tiger Eye top will look better as the light will not have to hit it in a specific way for it to "pop".

Anyways, hope that clears all that up, Jackson were very understanding when I stressed that the tops need to be of a certain quality for the guitar, and they are working to ensure that each one will be unique and beautiful.

That's great to hear. I've always had an issue with Jackson (and EBMM for that matter) charging premium prices for guitars with veneers. It's unfair to the consumer. If I'm buying a $500 axe, I get it. $2500? Hell no. wood veneers cost next to nothing, so there shouldn't be much of a premium charge added. For the cost, I expect, at minimum, a 1/4" top that's real.

Kudos to you for getting this done. I hope to be able to afford one some day. :metal:

vent187

Reaction score
I was going to go for the stripped down flat blue version. But man! That tops gets better every time I look at it.

Braden717

Reaction score
Yea, I'd love to hear an answer on the back of the neck finish as well.

apollosol

Reaction score
Misha, what I'm most puzzled with revolves around the finishes Jackson has displayed on their site. From what I can see, specifically on those laguna burst models, they show a quilted version and a flamed maple version. To me, that middle second tone of the finish shows/pops more on that quilted maple from the pictures shown. The flamed one looks kinda dead in that regard. Great looking but personally I like the quilt version.

Now I know you mentioned the light being a culprit but can you assure us that, and this only applies if you're actually selling quilted & maple versions of the sig, the finish will look the same across all versions? I know they all can't look the same but I just hope if their is a flame maple version, the burst gradient won't look flat on every guitar. Hope you get what I mean.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Misha, what I'm most puzzled with revolves around the finishes Jackson has displayed on their site. From what I can see, specifically on those laguna burst models, they show a quilted version and a flamed maple version. To me, that middle second tone of the finish shows/pops more on that quilted maple from the pictures shown. The flamed one looks kinda dead in that regard. Great looking but personally I like the quilt version.

It's all figured maple, leaning towards quilt - not an objective categorical distinction. It's not like flame maple comes from the flame maple tree, etc.

bulb

Reaction score
Yea, I'd love to hear an answer on the back of the neck finish as well.

It's an oiled neck, those have always been my favorites. Hard rock maple necks that are oiled are the most stable in my experience and feel the nicest as well, especialy when you are sweating on stage!

Latest posts

')