Mishas Sig?

bulb

Reaction score
Misha, what I'm most puzzled with revolves around the finishes Jackson has displayed on their site. From what I can see, specifically on those laguna burst models, they show a quilted version and a flamed maple version. To me, that middle second tone of the finish shows/pops more on that quilted maple from the pictures shown. The flamed one looks kinda dead in that regard. Great looking but personally I like the quilt version.

Now I know you mentioned the light being a culprit but can you assure us that, and this only applies if you're actually selling quilted & maple versions of the sig, the finish will look the same across all versions? I know they all can't look the same but I just hope if their is a flame maple version, the burst gradient won't look flat on every guitar. Hope you get what I mean.

The tops are all quilts, due to these being actual pieces of wood and not veneers, the types of quilt and the nature of it will vary based off of the cut. With a veneer it's easy to just slice one top into a ton of veneers and get a similar look. With that said the finish itself will look consistent and they have been looking consistent through prototyping, we spent a lot of time not only getting the finish right, but making sure that each finish would be repeatable. That Laguna Burst takes quite a bit of work on Jackson's end to look the way I want haha!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mperrotti34

Reaction score
It's all figured maple, leaning towards quilt - not an objective categorical distinction. It's not like flame maple comes from the flame maple tree, etc.

The flame maple tree:lol: That would be awesome though if there was such a thing

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
The jackson website says it will be a 3A top but I've seen elsewhere that it will be a 4A?!?

Berti_smb

Grindmachine
Reaction score
For us not so rich, i hope for a "budget" model after some time :) after all misha has big guitar fan base and jackson would definitely take over a lot ibanez/schecter/ltd customers

mperrotti34

Reaction score
For us not so rich, i hope for a "budget" model after some time :) after all misha has big guitar fan base and jackson would definitely take over a lot ibanez/schecter/ltd customers

If this ends up being anything like the Chris Broderick model then there will be a budget model

Geysd

Reaction score

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I inspected the Misha sigs at NAMM, and I was very impressed with the details, all the way down to the brushed aluminum electronics cavity cover. All the parts used are top notch, and there are A LOT of very very nice tiny little design touches to the entire instrument. They show a great deal of care and attention to detail indeed! I would definitely love to have one.

Geysd

Reaction score
I mean something like in price range of 700 euros, veneer tops, maybe without bkps...

I think that's what I was trying to say :D
Oh yeah that'd be great and I would buy one instantly. But hopefully with the blue quilted maple top one! :)

And wow I've never heard of veneer tops, thanks for mention it, I'll keep an eye on this :D

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
I think that's what I was trying to say :D
Oh yeah that'd be great and I would buy one instantly. But hopefully with the blue quilted maple top one! :)

And wow I've never heard of veneer tops, thanks for mention it, I'll keep an eye on this :D

Just about every sub $1500 guitar with a figured top has a veneer rather than an actual top/cap. Sometimes they will put a thicker maple top(or non figured piece of whatever the top is) behind the veneer for tone purposes.

I think it would be a smart move to put out a lower end model of this. Lots of fans who want the look but can't afford the bells and whistles.

Thorerges

Reaction score
As Misha said earlier. It all depends on how the model sells. If jackson see this as a hit, they'll release more colors, floyd rose and more affordable models.

Braden717

Reaction score
Finally just put my order in for a juggernaut ht6 version in laguna burst. I don't know that I have been this excited for anything in quite awhile. Man do I have my fingers crossed Jackson can really get the orders out in April. I'll be doing my first NGD on this as I'm sure 50 others haha.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I am actually hoping this does well so I can buy a floyd rose version when it comes out!

katsumura78

Reaction score
I have no idea which color I'm going for but getting a 7 string juggernaut version. Silverburst, Laguna or Blue Frost... Leaning towards silver.

bulb

Reaction score
If it helps, the next one I am going to get will probably be a silverburst haha.

VinnyShredz

Reaction score
If it helps, the next one I am going to get will probably be a silverburst haha.

Hey Misha, say these guitars sell really well (which I think it will) and Jackson releases another model with different variations, ie floyd, diff colors, what are the chances you guys will do a different sparkle color? Like a blue or a red, and would you guys consider different fretboard woods too. Just kinda curious.:idea:

Can't wait to get my ATE Juggernaut 7

Latest posts

')