Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mniel8195

Reaction score
I want to buy some more strings for my ht-7. Anyone know exactly what comes with the guitar from the factory?

katsumura78

Reaction score
Guitar shipped out today! Finally got the photos to load up. I'll do a proper NGD when it gets here!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_5295-1_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_5295-1_1024.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 57
  • thumb_IMG_5293-1_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_5293-1_1024.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 43
  • thumb_IMG_5294-1_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_5294-1_1024.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Those pictures kinda suck :(

The only real way to scope out how the top looks on a figured-top guitar is to see it in person or get some really good natural light pictures, IMO

gimmiedataxe

Reaction score
Yeah, that top is amazing dude. How can you not see that? /s
The lighting is not somehow going to turn that awful top into a 10 top. I don't know how you guys can believe that that top belongs to a 3k usa Jackson.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, the top is pretty bad by, albeit fuzzy, wood figure grading. On one hand it's pretty silly to see all the wood defenders saying you need to see it at a billion angles to assess whether or not it's decent. Yes figure moves depending on angle. But that's not new concept, and bottom line, that piece of wood would cost a good bit less than some of the other billets on these guitars.

But reading this thread has made me realize that there seems to be a reasonably sized market for people who don't care about good tops. You're totally fine to say, hey, I like that cheap not-so-figured top. I mean I really like plain top Les Pauls -- the catch is that I don't like paying fancy figured wood prices for plain top Les Pauls, that's why those models are priced differently. But if you're fine paying the same price then I guess Jackson won't have to up their game either, just stay away from the ones that actually look like Misha's so I have something to buy :lol:

gimmiedataxe

Reaction score
Thing is, is that a 3k top? Nope. If you'd be happy paying 3k and getting that top, more power to you. But I know I'd immediately want a refund knowing I can get suhr or ebmm for less and get a decent top at worst and a great top at best.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Thing is, is that a 3k top? Nope. If you'd be happy paying 3k and getting that top, more power to you. But I know I'd immediately want a refund knowing I can get suhr or ebmm for less and get a decent top at worst and a great top at best.

Huge EBMM fan myself, but when the first BFRs came out they were criticized for poor top quality too. And the backlash was way worse than this...eventually Sterling Ball even offered "That top Sucks!" t-shirts for sale through the company as a jab at the critics. Not saying that there's boatloads of EBMMs that don't have great tops, but it's kind of ironic to use them as an example of a company that doesn't let any bad ones slip through the cracks given the their history with wood quality scandals.

Anyway, don't want to get flagged for OT discussion, so that's all I'll say about that.

As for the top above, I think I'd be a bit disappointed as well if I opened the case and saw that's what I had received. And Narad is correct in saying that the figure won't fundamentally change no matter how much "shifting" might occur due to viewing angle. THAT SAID, there's definitely something wrong with those photos. There's barely any gradient between the teal and the blue, so I'm going to assume that bad photography is making a sub-par top look even worse.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
But I know I'd immediately want a refund knowing I can get suhr or ebmm for less and get a decent top at worst and a great top at best.

Show me where you're finding these Suhrs and EBMMs with 5/8" carved quilted maple tops for less than $3000 because I bet there are some kickass unicorns to ride there as well

')