Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks guys!

Just gotta figure out if this HT6 is the one or not haha. Some other peeps are trying to convince me to go with Aristides instead. They seem pretty similar to me. Same hardware, scale, pickups, radius, etc. But one's wood, the other's... not.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
How are Music Zoo, Rainbow, and CMC? They're the only ones with the model I'm looking for in stock.

I've dealt with all three shops and would recommend them all! I'd also add Doug Diamond @ Wild West to the list. :yesway: If I'm looking for a Jackson, those are the four dealers I would check with first. I bought two of my Bulb sigs from CMC and Steve over there was great to work with! :metal:

bwherry

Reaction score
FWIW I bought both of my HT7's from Lark Guitars. The guitars are flawless and the service was great. Highly recommended.

Brian

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
I do not recommend CMC Guitars - I purchased my HT6 I currently have from them (the main guy, Steve). He was really cool to talk to and clearly knew his stuff, but the model I was sent was not in acceptable condition. It was shipped from NJ to CA, but the tone knobs have some unusual wear on them that was noticeable and the nut on the guitar was straight up defective. It wasn't cut/filed properly and I had to get it replaced, which quite literally took three months through an authorized Jackson repair center.

I also had intonation and fret buzz issues that frustrated me to no end before I got a really good setup done.

Go with Sweetwater. Their customer service has a great reputation and their guitars are typically in A+ condition. Yes, the "55 point evaluation" is a complete lie and quite literally is not performed on any of the instruments they sell, but they're overall good to deal with.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I do not recommend CMC Guitars - I purchased my HT6 I currently have from them (the main guy, Steve). He was really cool to talk to and clearly knew his stuff, but the model I was sent was not in acceptable condition. It was shipped from NJ to CA, but the tone knobs have some unusual wear on them that was noticeable and the nut on the guitar was straight up defective. It wasn't cut/filed properly and I had to get it replaced, which quite literally took three months through an authorized Jackson repair center.

I also had intonation and fret buzz issues that frustrated me to no end before I got a really good setup done.

Go with Sweetwater. Their customer service has a great reputation and their guitars are typically in A+ condition. Yes, the "55 point evaluation" is a complete lie and quite literally is not performed on any of the instruments they sell, but they're overall good to deal with.

That's pretty strange as I bought two of mine from CMC and had none of those issues whatsoever. Nothing against Sweetwater as I've shopped with Arend quite a bit over the years, but it's ironic to suggest Sweetwater because there have been dozens of posts on this forum alone with obvious QC slips they completely missed so I'm not sure why you would say they would be better there. :lol: It's nice that they have pics and weights of the actual instrument you're buying, but if the guitar has issues I don't think they're going to be catching it any more than most dealers who don't check thoroughly for that kind of thing. :2c:

Maybe check with Wild West or Music Zoo instead, but I wouldn't hit up Sweetwater as my first choice if I'm concerned about a guitar line having QC headaches I wanted to avoid. :rofl:

FourT6and2

Reaction score
I called around and got good vibes from the folks at Music Zoo and Rainbow. Got a really good offer from Music Zoo as far as price goes. But... I've decided to go a different route and won't be getting an HT6. But thanks for the info, folks.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Sweetwater is nice, and their CS is incredible but their 55 point check isn't exactly accurate. One of the JPs I bought awhile ago had a piece of the lacquer cracked off, and they swapped it out for a brand new one. I could see it in one of the photos from their site after I was holding it in my hands and I didn't catch it when ordering.

They put more work in than GC/MF because that's clearly just a warehouse operation that ships stuff out when you order it. But no dealer is infallible, it's all in how they choose to resolve the problem.

mightypudge

Wearer of Slacks
Reaction score
Bros.

IMG_1150_zpsi8lczclw.jpg

And, I just realized the headstocks were different. Kind of cool.

IMG_1151_zpsrsndrlzy.jpg

mightypudge

Wearer of Slacks
Reaction score
So, the HT7. Um, wow!

First impressions are very positive. The extended scale and extra string may take me a minute to adjust, but I am really loving the tone and feel. The pickups are just stupid good on a seven string and the definition and clarity of the lower range is stellar.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
after posting about it for so long i finally got one to call my own. Ordered it from sweetwater and they were super easy to work with. it came in over the weekend and im still way excited over it!

9Y3o7C2.jpg

mightypudge

Wearer of Slacks
Reaction score
after posting about it for so long i finally got one to call my own. Ordered it from sweetwater and they were super easy to work with. it came in over the weekend and im still way excited over it![/IMG]

That's where I ordered both of mine! Both instruments were immaculate and set up nicely. I still changed the strings and did my own tweaks, but I could not be happier with what I received.

')