Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever buy an orange guitar, but the natural binding on those looks so killer. I know the woods are different, but the matte black and blue would look so good with that same binding too.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
I went to Gear Fest in Ft. Wayne and was surprised by the neck chunkiness compared to other Jackson's. Still, it was a great guitar.

Periphery played at Gearfest, and my daughters went and saw them. My youngest is a huge fan (she turned me on to them, as she plays guitar). She actually got to talk to Misha, and according to her sister she went completely fan-girl. Said it was funny, but the youngest said Misha was very nice.

Misha if you read this thanks for encouraging her, as a father and fellow musician I appreciate it. (She was ty he one with the long curly purple hair).

RaulThrashMetal

Crazy metal garage scientist
Reaction score
I know I will be kicked and thrown to the hounds but... Have they thought about making an import version? I just love the feel of my USA, but I don't think it fits very well ....ty garage gigs.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
I know I will be kicked and thrown to the hounds but... Have they thought about making an import version? I just love the feel of my USA, but I don't think it fits very well ....ty garage gigs.

They made an import version of the Broderick, so I don't see why they wouldn't unless Misha objects. They just may just want to make sure the market for the USA version is saturated first, or they just may have other priorities at this time.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Misha's mentioned on various social media (and here IIRC) that he would be totally down to do an import version, but only if it were up to snuff. No compromises in quality, pubic hair, etc.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I can understand his point of view. He's always been pretty outspoken about what it would take for him to put his name on a guitar, and for a while I didn't think he would actually ever go with a company to make a sig. Jackson ended up being flexible and creative enough to offer something for him to be happy to put his name on.

An import version would have to be more than just aesthetically similar.

oh i forgot he actually reads this thread on occasion so as a disclaimer I don't know exactly what his thoughts and opinions are so don't take me as being some super accurate font of bulb wisdom

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
I'll echo what the other guys have said: Misha definitely said on here he would do an import if it could still be high quality. He did also specifically mention that Jackson's dealers are still selling every Juggernaut they make, so it may be a little while.

bulb

Reaction score
I went to Gear Fest in Ft. Wayne and was surprised by the neck chunkiness compared to other Jackson's. Still, it was a great guitar.

Periphery played at Gearfest, and my daughters went and saw them. My youngest is a huge fan (she turned me on to them, as she plays guitar). She actually got to talk to Misha, and according to her sister she went completely fan-girl. Said it was funny, but the youngest said Misha was very nice.

Misha if you read this thanks for encouraging her, as a father and fellow musician I appreciate it. (She was ty he one with the long curly purple hair).

Ah yeah, I wasn't going for the thinnest neck possible, because not only does that affect the stability of the neck for obvious reasons, but I don't think it sounds very good either, a thicker and denser neck will always sound better in my experience, but I also don't want it to be a baseball bat, so it took a bit of tweaking to get right!

Also Gearfest was a blast, I'm glad I could help encourage your daughter, that's so awesome!

bulb

Reaction score
I can understand his point of view. He's always been pretty outspoken about what it would take for him to put his name on a guitar, and for a while I didn't think he would actually ever go with a company to make a sig. Jackson ended up being flexible and creative enough to offer something for him to be happy to put his name on.

An import version would have to be more than just aesthetically similar.

oh i forgot he actually reads this thread on occasion so as a disclaimer I don't know exactly what his thoughts and opinions are so don't take me as being some super accurate font of bulb wisdom

I'll be honest, it's something that is in the works, and the initial samples have been VERY promising. I basically told Jackson that we had to make the import a guitar that I would be cool with playing live, and that is the goal. If it's going to have my name on it, it needs to be to my standard, or else it doesn't come out! It's not there yet, but hopefully it will be sooner than later!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I'll be honest, it's something that is in the works, and the initial samples have been VERY promising. I basically told Jackson that we had to make the import a guitar that I would be cool with playing live, and that is the goal. If it's going to have my name on it, it needs to be to my standard, or else it doesn't come out! It's not there yet, but hopefully it will be sooner than later!

Good to hear. Leaning towards solid colors or veneers?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Warrior 7!!! With a proper looking pointed headstock.

And a Rhoads 7! And SL7! Awesome!!!!! The Pro SL7 is essentially perfect.

xzacx

Reaction score
Wow. So much interesting/good new stuff. I've been hoping for a USA Dominion. I passed on a CS a while back and have regretted it. I love seeing all of the pointy headstocks too. I'm not a big fan of the ATs on most models. Too bad there's only one finish option on a lot of that stuff though.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
I will be receiving a Juggernaut in the next week. Not sure if it will be an HT6 or HT7 yet as the trade is still being worked out, but as soon as there is an import Silverburst I'll be getting that too.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously do not need 4 Juggernauts... but damn that Matte Orange is calling my name! :lol: Bummer that it's limited edition though! :(

bulb

Reaction score
I seriously do not need 4 Juggernauts... but damn that Matte Orange is calling my name! :lol: Bummer that it's limited edition though! :(

Yeah we are just doing a really limited run of these, but godamn it's my favorite. Call me crazy, but the Quilt Top/Alder combo with the relatively thin matte paint job makes that guitar sound really special.

')