Mishas Sig?

Rich5150

Reaction score
As much as I dig the creamsicle, I still really want a tiger eye HT7 to go with my Laguna HT7

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Where's the neon pink and green versions? :cool: :yesway:

I thought the instagram teaser made the color look nicer vs that shot on the Jackson page, that pic doesn't seem to do the orange color much justice.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Where's the neon pink and green versions? :cool: :yesway:

I thought the instagram teaser made the color look nicer vs that shot on the Jackson page, that pic doesn't seem to do the orange color much justice.

I was thinking the same thing, Mike!

Misha - Do you know if the production color will be identical to the one that you have? The orange they have up on the site looks a bit different so I was curious if they changed the shade used on the production models or something? :(

bulb

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, Mike!

Misha - Do you know if the production color will be identical to the one that you have? The orange they have up on the site looks a bit different so I was curious if they changed the shade used on the production models or something? :(

The actual model will look exactly like mine, as mine was the sample that they sent for me to approve, so it will be EXACTLY that.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The actual model will look exactly like mine, as mine was the sample that they sent for me to approve, so it will be EXACTLY that.

Awesome! :D That's going to be damn tasty! :yum: Any idea how many might be done in that color for the US market (or any chance you could ask one of your folks @ Jackson for us pretty please?)? I gotta admit I'm tempted because I love bright colors and orange is a fave... :rofl:

bulb

Reaction score
Awesome! :D That's going to be damn tasty! :yum: Any idea how many might be done in that color for the US market (or any chance you could ask one of your folks @ Jackson for us pretty please?)? I gotta admit I'm tempted because I love bright colors and orange is a fave... :rofl:

I'm not entirely sure, but my guess would be maybe 20-30.

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
God I would love one of these still. So far I'm still set on the blue, although the orange does look pretty cool. Just can't justify it though, I recently put in an order for a custom shop Soloist with a hard tail because it's been on my to-do list for a long, long time.

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure, but my guess would be maybe 20-30.

Are any going to be sold through Sweetwater or anywhere like that, also does anyone know the release date (outside of just July 2016). Literally everything that I needed to have happen in order for me to get one, happened. So I'm really wanting to make sure I don't miss out on my opportunity. Here is what transpired:

1. The Misha post of the Orange HT7
2. I believe that we (sso) generated enough interest in that thread to make this production run happen. Or was it going to happen anyways?
3. I ask the wife, if we manage to get the opportunity to buy this guitar, can I have it. She laughs because I just bought a JP15 in January of this year.
4. The news reaches me yesterday, that it is indeed going to have a limited run so I casually mention it to the wife. It was stated that short of me getting a raise, there was just no way I would be allowed to get it.
5. I get a raise out of no where today. It felt like a legitimate miracle. The wife's first question "You going to get that orange guitar you've been talking about for the past couple of months?"

Now I just need to make sure I get it.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Ah yeah, I wasn't going for the thinnest neck possible, because not only does that affect the stability of the neck for obvious reasons, but I don't think it sounds very good either, a thicker and denser neck will always sound better in my experience, but I also don't want it to be a baseball bat, so it took a bit of tweaking to get right!

Also Gearfest was a blast, I'm glad I could help encourage your daughter, that's so awesome!

When I had my basses custom made that was my experience as well. However having tiny sausage fingers I began experiencing with different material and found out that wenge really hit the sweet spot, and still allowed me to have a thinner neck profile. Not sure if you are familiar, but I played Fender Performers in the 80's and just loved those the necks. But the basses sounded to thin to me.

Of course, guitar is a different beast altogether.

shpence

Reaction score
Any owners having tuning issues with the HT6/7? I love how my HT6 plays but 3rd string goes out of tune (even more than it's usual) immediately and just generally sounds "off'. Tuning overall has been a real issue and I've tried different strings, intonation adjustment, etc. with no luck. Not trying to talk anyone out of a purchase, just curious if this was happening to anyone else.

HeadofaHessian

Reaction score
Any owners having tuning issues with the HT6/7? I love how my HT6 plays but 3rd string goes out of tune (even more than it's usual) immediately and just generally sounds "off'. Tuning overall has been a real issue and I've tried different strings, intonation adjustment, etc. with no luck. Not trying to talk anyone out of a purchase, just curious if this was happening to anyone else.
I had this issue and widened the nut slot and used nut sauce, it fixed the problem.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Your intonation could also still be off, recheck it with a strobe tuner. Both the HT6 and HT7 are fine on my end.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score

A common issue. I love mine so much now - a nut replacement fixed the tuning problem completely. Intonation could still be off - the hipshot bridge springs actually don't have enough coil to totally fix any issue with it. One user here had to order and install a new spring.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Are any going to be sold through Sweetwater or anywhere like that, also does anyone know the release date (outside of just July 2016). Literally everything that I needed to have happen in order for me to get one, happened. So I'm really wanting to make sure I don't miss out on my opportunity. Here is what transpired:

2. I believe that we (sso) generated enough interest in that thread to make this production run happen. Or was it going to happen anyways?
3. I ask the wife, if we manage to get the opportunity to buy this guitar, can I have it. She laughs because I just bought a JP15 in January of this year.
4. The news reaches me yesterday, that it is indeed going to have a limited run so I casually mention it to the wife. It was stated that short of me getting a raise, there was just no way I would be allowed to get it.
5. I get a raise out of no where today. It felt like a legitimate miracle. The wife's first question "You going to get that orange guitar you've been talking about for the past couple of months?"

That's a cool story! Seems like one of the guitars already has your name on it and everything else is falling into place. ;)

I'm lusting for a blue frost HT6 but then again I have a custom guitar in the making and I'm looking forward to place deposits on two more custom guitars. Let's see...

shpence

Reaction score
A common issue. I love mine so much now - a nut replacement fixed the tuning problem completely. Intonation could still be off - the hipshot bridge springs actually don't have enough coil to totally fix any issue with it. One user here had to order and install a new spring.

Hmm, thanks guys/gals. I'll see what I can do with it.

bulb

Reaction score

Hey dude I'm glad you are so excited for them, truthfully I don't know when they are being released exactly, but I'm sure Sweetwater will get at least one since they do a lot of Fender/Jackson stuff and have been generally awesome to Periphery. This is a super limited run, so I'd maybe hit Sweetwater up to see if they can make sure to snag one for you and hold it!

')