Mishas Sig?

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
I can not get over how amazing this top is. Now if only I was a better player :(

Misha have you thought of doing one in Eerie Dess Swirl? That has always been my favorite Jackson finish.
QOoqIs.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pott

Reaction score
I've just watched Misha's video presenting the guitar and I have some questions. I'm hesitating between an HT7 and an Aristides 070, since I pretty much gave up on finding decent hardtail 7s in 25.5" scale length.

But on the video, Misha presents an admittedly gorgeous amber HT6, which had a 3 pieces back and a very bland, single piece maple neck.
For the price I find this very disappointing. The neck I can forgive (it's quartersawn and has graphite reinforcements, so fair enough). But with a transparent finish, I'd expect at most a two pieces body symmetrically joined.

How have your own HT7 held up on the timber side of things? Note that I am asking this purely on the cosmetics side of things. I have 0 beliefs that less pieces = more tone. I do, though, believe that manufacturers should put the effort to keep their multi pieces bodies for solid colors, and make the effort to present matched two pieces (or single piece, who knows) bodies otherwise.

cmtd

Reaction score
Any owners having tuning issues with the HT6/7? I love how my HT6 plays but 3rd string goes out of tune (even more than it's usual) immediately and just generally sounds "off'. Tuning overall has been a real issue and I've tried different strings, intonation adjustment, etc. with no luck. Not trying to talk anyone out of a purchase, just curious if this was happening to anyone else.

Yes, had this exact problem with mine. Had a complete setup done and the issue is solved. The factory action was quite high actually, after he filed the nut properly plays like butter and the tuning is rock solid.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Hey dude I'm glad you are so excited for them, truthfully I don't know when they are being released exactly, but I'm sure Sweetwater will get at least one since they do a lot of Fender/Jackson stuff and have been generally awesome to Periphery. This is a super limited run, so I'd maybe hit Sweetwater up to see if they can make sure to snag one for you and hold it!

They have been released. Dealers have them they just can not be sold yet. They are super limited. The one I did not see today will probably be the only time I never see one. :scratch: However, if I did see one, and I was Misha, I would have named the color "Orange Sherbet." I also know the price and and quantity but I do not want to bore you with facts and figures. :cool:

bulb

Reaction score
They have been released. Dealers have them they just can not be sold yet. They are super limited. The one I did not see today will probably be the only time I never see one. :scratch: However, if I did see one, and I was Misha, I would have named the color "Orange Sherbet." I also know the price and and quantity but I do not want to bore you with facts and figures. :cool:

Haha nice one dude! Well I hope you enjoyed the time you didn't spend with it, and that's not a bad name either, but I love me some cars, so Matte Lambo Orange it is!

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Haha nice one dude! Well I hope you enjoyed the time you didn't spend with it, and that's not a bad name either, but I love me some cars, so Matte Lambo Orange it is!

I didn't know the color had a name passed "orange." I love me some cars too. These two might be to your taste. Frost Blue could now be Matte Lambo Blue.

Chrome_Blue_and_Orange_Lamborghini_Aventador_(11658426776).jpg

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update to those who may not know yet. Those Lambo Orange HT7s are a "90 days after order" and the starting price is 5,299.00 USD. You might be able to get talk your reps down to a more comfortable price. Unfortunately though, I was looking in that 3k wheelhouse. Can't do 4+ =/

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
So a different paint scheme practically doubles the price of the guitar? :-/

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update to those who may not know yet. Those Lambo Orange HT7s are a "90 days after order" and the starting price is 5,299.00 USD. You might be able to get talk your reps down to a more comfortable price. Unfortunately though, I was looking in that 3k wheelhouse. Can't do 4+ =/

I saw that as well and was a bit surprised. I know it's a very limited run, but it's a huge price difference.

Not that this is an apples to apples comparison, but back when Dingwall announced the limited run of 50 matte pink Ng-2 basses, the pre-oder price was around $2,299 where I saw it advertised. I ended up getting in on the run through Bass Central just a month ago, by total fluke, for the price of a regular NG-2. So while I expected the Orange model to cost more, I just didn't imagine it'd be that much of a difference.

I have a Tiger Eye 6-string, and while I'm GASing had for a 7, I just can't shell out the cash for the orange. But man, I love my 6!

Body%20left%20side%20case_zpscbhbksf5.jpg

Thelamon

Reaction score

I'm kinda with you. I understand the scarcity of this color in terms of production plays a part, but I imagine a lot of stock will sit for awhile at that price. Is there a chance that that's the MSRP before the typical deductions? I.E., the HT6 in Tiger Eye is $4k, actual price is much less?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
There was a pre-sale on eBay for around $3,700 from a Canadian dealer. Maybe Lee bought it lol.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Literally the only way that price even remotely makes sense, even as MAP, is if the run is coming out of the custom shop...

For that price I'd look for a normal trans finish one with a crappy top, talk the dealer down, have Marty Bell refinish it and still be $2k+ ahead

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You guys sure that isn't MSRP? That sounds way too high, the HT8 had an MSRP of 5k or so, so that may be it.

Beefmuffin

New Boot Goofin
Reaction score
I am just repeating what my sales rep at sweetwater told me. He offered to work on the price, so I assume 5,299.00 is the obvious MSRP he got from Jackson. He told me that he could get it closer to 3k for me but it would still be well out of that range. So I'm assuming at best....3,600+ because he knows 500 bucks or so wouldn't keep my from buying it...and those reps will cut some deals to make money like that so the fact he didn't push me harder leads me to believe it's around 4K. If someone else finds out anything different from anywhere else, PLEASE let me know.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah not for nothing, but I think the 5k number is MSRP for sure. Not even the 8 strings were that much haha.

JohnTanner

Derpin' on the guitar since 2003
Reaction score
I managed to get my hands on one of these and give it a whirl at Cosmo Music in Toronto the other day. Great sounding guitar. The pickups are very versatile. The scale of the neck is a lot to get used to though, but the beauty of the guitar makes getting used to it so worth it

GXPO

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but have any of you guys tuned these up to standard E as of yet? I have an opportunity to grab one but I'm without an amp at the moment so I tend not to drop the tuning too much..

Would you guys recommend a new nut as the gauge will be quite step down? I haven't had a non-locking nut in so long, this all feels so foreign. :lol:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I know someone else tuned up to E here with success, I don't recommend a nut replacement since Jackson decided to finish over the actual nut segment so you'd have to modify the area that makes contact with the finish of the headstock/nut to remove/replace it.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Another thing to note is the only real thing you might have to deal with is behind the nut ringing since going from 11-56 to whatever you want to use in E will surely not properly fit the nut. Easy remedy is some foam behind the nut and/or fretwrap of some sort.

')