Mishas Sig?

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
I think it's really lame that if you want a good looking top, you basically have to get the insanely overpriced version, with the P logo and the engraved pickups, neither of which I want. On the other end, I don't want to pay $2700 for a Jackson that has a matte top..... Ugh. 2k would be a much better price for one of those.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
I think it's really lame that if you want a good looking top, you basically have to get the insanely overpriced version, with the P logo and the engraved pickups, neither of which I want. On the other end, I don't want to pay $2700 for a Jackson that has a matte top..... Ugh. 2k would be a much better price for one of those.

Just for the record, you absolutely don't need to get the one with the P logo to "get a good top". The tops are the same spec between the "Bulb" and "Standard" models. The only difference in the Bulb one other than the pickup covers is you get the "P" inlay which is done by Ron Thorn which is why there is a substantial price jump, but the bread and butter has always been the Standard model for that reason.

The tops are 3A tops because a 5/8" top ain't cheap. Thanks to Mother Nature they will vary in grain, figure and look, and no one really knows what the top will look like until they cut into it.

If you want something with a nice top or something to your taste, I'd recommend reaching out to dealers and asking for pics or video. Sweetwater and The Music Zoo are great dealers that have awesome customer service, and hopefully they can help you find something you would like!

Hope this clears that up!

Rich5150

Reaction score

Nope mine is not a Bulb edition and i think i have a pretty good top

SwanWings

Reaction score
a baked flame maple.... mmm that sounds awesome! I still probably wouldn't buy one of these just simply because it's out of my price range. I'll stick to my poor man's juggernaut (DK2M ht) for now, lol.

PS, I guess I kind of understand wanting a nice top with an expensive guitar, but.... if it sounds incredible and plays incredible, how much does that part really matter? not looking to get flamed, just my opinion

cmtd

Reaction score
Non bulb edition here too. I'm fairly happy with my Laguna top as well.

0kV0Tt.jpg

nJejgQ.jpg

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The tops just vary and you need to shop around if you want to get something specific. Here's my non bulb edition as well.

20618296066_5fdd69c3ce_b.jpg

20456521950_2e940388b4_b.jpg

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
orpc3c.jpg

First peek at the import version? In the full video you can tell the bridge isn't a real hipshot and the inlays are different

Cowboyfromhell

Reaction score
I would love to see a matte blue frost import and why not Piranha Tooth inlays ? Anyways i trust Misha and plus its his signature he can do whatever he likes .

')