Mishas Sig?

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
why wouldnt they use a real hipshot? its not like it adds that much to the cost of a guitar.

It all adds up. Ask anyone who's done a project guitar. $40 on a bridge here, $40 on tuners there, $10 on ferrules over there, and suddenly... The guitar ends up $200 more expensive and barely any nicer.

Hipshot hardtails have an excellent finish quality, but the design doesn't exactly translate it into performance. So why add expense in a highly competitive price bracket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
Looks like they've opted for Juggernauts, that was always my biggest concern with the probable import model.

I'm guessing:

Basswood body
1 piece maple neck
Jackson Bridge
Juggers
Jackson Locking tuners
Nickle frets

Price, a bit tricky. Maybe in the region of the Broderick import? - Floyd (and additional routing) + Juggernauts and you'd think the price would be in the same ball park.

Speculate wildly!

A-Branger

Reaction score
maybe would get some veneers? the body shape is not too extreme so it can be done.

but theres a good chance the firsts would be plain mate colors, black n blue

I wonder why those inlays?, Jackson do the tooth inlays things on cheap models too, so its not a price feature. THey look like dots on that picture, but on the video they look like something different, but not the tooth things sadly

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Just got a mail!! My Orange HT6 is on its way to me!! :)

first Jackson ever for me! ( I think the last and only time I played a jackson was 20 years ago)

So expect a honest review in my NGD soon!!

Anybody else ordered one?

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
Just for the record, you absolutely don't need to get the one with the P logo to "get a good top". The tops are the same spec between the "Bulb" and "Standard" models. The only difference in the Bulb one other than the pickup covers is you get the "P" inlay which is done by Ron Thorn which is why there is a substantial price jump, but the bread and butter has always been the Standard model for that reason.

The tops are 3A tops because a 5/8" top ain't cheap. Thanks to Mother Nature they will vary in grain, figure and look, and no one really knows what the top will look like until they cut into it.

If you want something with a nice top or something to your taste, I'd recommend reaching out to dealers and asking for pics or video. Sweetwater and The Music Zoo are great dealers that have awesome customer service, and hopefully they can help you find something you would like!

Hope this clears that up!

....If you cut into it and it looks like ...., you shouldn't make a $3,000 guitar with it.

SwanWings

Reaction score
The dot inlays make it look kinda like a schecter banshee from a couple years ago. Still looks like it's jackson, just kinda reminds me of schecter in that pic

p88

Reaction score
i know that this is just a prototype, but i'm kinda bummed that they used the hipshot style bridge rather than the actual hipshot. if i'm not mistaken, they aren't interchangeable, which if true means you're stuck with that bridge. hopefully this bridge isn't on the final model.

i understand that every dollar counts on an import guitar and that it kinda needs to have juggernauts (as its a signature guitar), so i think a good middle ground would be to use open uncovered pickups, and then use these savings to cover the up-charge required to upgrade the bridge to a real hipshot.
i say this because there's a £30 (~$40) difference between a covered and uncovered set of bkp pickups.

this wouldn't be an issue if hipshot started making a lower tiered import bridges for import guitars, like the floyd rose 1000/special. this would allow guitar companies to have an affordable bridge that utilizes the hipshot footprint; making upgrades to the real deal later on a possibility.

have said all that, i'l probably still pick up an import misha jackson. the bridge isn't a total deal breaker!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It sounds like this whole argument is based on the idea that a lot of people want to upgrade their cheap import hardtail bridge to a hipshot one. I don't think that's a good take on the market. The hipshot bridge alone is 1/7th the cost of most Jackson import sig guitars. And there's only a 20 GBP difference in covered/uncovered BKPs. Honestly it'd be amazing if this was even priced in line with other sigs but somehow had real made-in-the-UK BKP Juggernauts in them.

And Hipshot is a small, high quality manufacturer -- seems doubtful that they'd have anything to gain from bringing in low cost manufacturing into their factory. It'd likely mean manufacturing it overseas in some other factory under the hipshot name :-/

mperrotti34

Reaction score
It all adds up. Ask anyone who's done a project guitar. $40 on a bridge here, $40 on tuners there, $10 on ferrules over there, and suddenly... The guitar ends up $200 more expensive and barely any nicer.

Hipshot hardtails have an excellent finish quality, but the design doesn't exactly translate it into performance. So why add expense in a highly competitive price bracket?

I have been building and ya I totally get that it adds up but it looks to me like they went with a juggernaut set for the pickups so why not keep the bridge too? I feel like thats a key component in that guitar. idk. just my opinion

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I think the hipshot hardware 'issue' is a little overblown. To make this guitar sit in the mid-priced tier they have to make concessions somewhere, especially if this guitar does end up having BKP's. If this guitar didn't have BKP's then I'm sure they could throw a hipshot bridge on there without issue; but to be honest, I'd rather have BKP's than a hipshot. I think the fact that this guitar will probably hit a price point of ~$1000 US and include BKP's is an amazing feat in itself.

Also note, Jackson use their own tuners and bridges on their USA models. I'm not saying the bridge that they use here is the same as the one they have on USA models, but what I'm trying to hint at is that you can have a quality bridge that isn't made by hipshot :lol: I understand that you want to have as many of the artists' specs as possible, but eventually you have to sacrifice something and I'm sure the bridge is an easy way to cost-save.

xzacx

Reaction score
Would a lower-tiered import Hipshot necessarily be better than the "Hipshot style" bridge? I'm admittedly not a big Hipshot fan (not meaning I don't like them, the guitars I like just tend to have Floyds or TOMs), but in my experience with Jackson's HT bridge it hasn't seemed to lack in any meaningful way.

p88

Reaction score
yea fair enough, i guess somethings gotta give. it probably will already have other jackson branded hardware, so i imagine it's only logical to have the bridge go that way aswell.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Would a lower-tiered import Hipshot necessarily be better than the "Hipshot style" bridge? I'm admittedly not a big Hipshot fan (not meaning I don't like them, the guitars I like just tend to have Floyds or TOMs), but in my experience with Jackson's HT bridge it hasn't seemed to lack in any meaningful way.

There's nothing functionally missing from the non-hipshot bridge. It's a name brand thing, and it'll perform just as well as a hipshot does. The hipshot isn't a wild design, it's saddles on a baseplate.

If they cut costs by having a cheaper bridge in this case I'm all for it, because I've played most "hipshot style" bridges, and you'd have to tell me I'm playing on one for me to notice. Tuners is a different deal, I'd much rather have the hipshot tuners instead of the hipshot bridge if I were in the market for an import jugg.

SwanWings

Reaction score
I currently own a guitar with a hipshot and a guitar with a jackson hardtail. I play the jackson hard tail a lot more, but i do love the guitar with the hipshot. All in all, you probably won't really notice when you play it, but the hipshot is probably a little more visually appealing. The Jackson is just a little chunkier that's all

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
GOT IT!!

Just recieved my HT6 limited in Lambo Orange...

Stay tune for the NGD thread! will have plenty of time to play it this week end!!

But I can already say that the orange finish is super nice in reality!!!

psycle_1

Reaction score
Can someone measure their bridge pickup height from the top of the polepieces to the bottom of the low and high strings for me? Thanks!

HotKarl

Reaction score
tumblr_oj2ir9ARms1uld66xo1_1280.jpg

')