Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
2jebwar.jpg

This looks AWESOME. Now do I stick with my original plan of getting a frost blue ht6 or spring for one of the pros? Hmmmm...

If you can afford the HT6 grab that, if you can't grab this haha!

Thorerges

Reaction score
I'm sold. I'm buying this once they're available. These are going to own the market.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
Ah, that looks sick. I don't like the big P (Periphery? Or whatever it is, I don't know the story ^^) inlay on the regular signature guitars but they all seem to be incredible guitars.

Edit: Maybe I got ahead of myself there, I just checked Jacksons's site and there seem to be a few different signatures to choose from. This revelation wasn't good for my economy though. :D

bulb

Reaction score
Ah, that looks sick. I don't like the big P (Periphery? Or whatever it is, I don't know the story ^^) inlay on the regular signature guitars but they all seem to be incredible guitars.

Edit: Maybe I got ahead of myself there, I just checked Jacksons's site and there seem to be a few different signatures to choose from. This revelation wasn't good for my economy though. :D

Yeah the ones that have the "P" are in the minority. It was a special (and rather pricey) option that was actually done by Ron Thorn, most of the sigs don't have my band's logo or my name anywhere on the guitar.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
Yeah the ones that have the "P" are in the minority. It was a special (and rather pricey) option that was actually done by Ron Thorn, most of the sigs don't have my band's logo or my name anywhere on the guitar.

Cool, thanks. That's how a sig should be done really IMO. I happen to be a big fan of both you and Periphery so I wouldn't mind if it had your name on it somewhere but if someone that isn't a fan (or just want a clean guitar) it could still be appealing to them.

It's fun times to be in the market for expensive guitars, so much to choose from. Can't wait for NAMM.

TiffuZeless

darude-sandstorm
Reaction score
Seem's like 2017 will be the Black FM $1000-ish killer guitars year!

We have:
-Schecter KM7 MKII
-Ormsby HypeGTR (run 6)
And now your sig!

...and this is awesome. Black and blue guitars will always rule!
As long as they're translucid.

Will wait and see if the Pro line will also get a Laguna Burst-ish color scheme one day, because Bulb color is blue! Well, at least it was hahaha.

What do you have to say about it? Any chance of a blue/turquoise one?

bulb

Reaction score
Seem's like 2017 will be the Black FM $1000-ish killer guitars year!

We have:
-Schecter KM7 MKII
-Ormsby HypeGTR (run 6)
And now your sig!

...and this is awesome. Black and blue guitars will always rule!
As long as they're translucid.

Will wait and see if the Pro line will also get a Laguna Burst-ish color scheme one day, because Bulb color is blue! Well, at least it was hahaha.

What do you have to say about it? Any chance of a blue/turquoise one?

Not at this point in time, it's better business to keep the colors distinctive to their lines and Laguna Burst is one of the most popular finishes for the USA.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Haha awesome, I can't wait for the price to be announced.

If they have SS frets and locking tuners, I would guess right at $899. I would imagine that is a fair estimate considering the guitar has no binding and a bolt on neck.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
If they have SS frets and locking tuners, I would guess right at $899. I would imagine that is a fair estimate considering the guitar has no binding and a bolt on neck.

I would assume a bit higher if they have djugganuts.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
So a few months ago I had to get my HT6 repaired due to small issue. But sadly with FMC's authorized repair centers it seems just about anyone is qualified to pull off a repair on a guitar these days. Had the tech botch up a simple nut replacement and crack the finish on my headstock + damage the guitar while it was in his shop. Really unprofessional dude and his lack of care showed every time we spoke. But anyways, happy ending to a really annoying endeavor, but I sent in my Jackson to get repaired directly by the Jackson guys which is something they don't normally do.

But instead they ended up just replacing the entire guitar out for a new one and I have to say I like it better than the initial one!

16009990_10210387201830427_1017041621_o.jpg

Shoddy phone pic in a weirdly lit Sam Ash, but you can get the general gist of it. The top is really nice and when they told me I was getting a replacement instead of the original guitar repaired my heart kind of sank because well... I had this prior.

20618296066_5fdd69c3ce_b.jpg

Tops can be hit or miss, but dare say once I take some pictures in some proper lighting like this one ^ it'll probably look a million times better than my previous guitar! The headstock even has a nice piece of Quilt unlike the previous one.

One thing I wanted to touch up on, is that this one feels considerably more well built than the first few guitars (I had an HT7 shortly and played a Silverburst 6 as well). My original guitar was one of the guitars they used for Misha's clinics and a very early guitar from the production. The neck and binding had a rough/coarse feel to it when you touched them in a bit of an irregular pattern almost as if it had been lightly sanded down from a finish. And something I never captured on photo properly but the binding on the original guitar was scratched to hell, but it was done so consistently and evenly that I thought it was made that way for some reason :lol: something to note is that every HT I'd run into so far had all of this so I truly don't know how to interpret these things.

The newer guitar suffers from none of these things thankfully, and the neck has a very smooth tung oil like feel to it. A lot more pleasant to play than the first guitar. Overall really happy, and Matt at Fender was the real MVP helping me out throughout this :D

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
So a few months ago I had to get my HT6 repaired due to small issue. But sadly with FMC's authorized repair centers it seems just about anyone is qualified to pull off a repair on a guitar these days. Had the tech botch up a simple nut replacement and crack the finish on my headstock + damage the guitar while it was in his shop. Really unprofessional dude and his lack of care showed every time we spoke. But anyways, happy ending to a really annoying endeavor, but I sent in my Jackson to get repaired directly by the Jackson guys which is something they don't normally do.

But instead they ended up just replacing the entire guitar out for a new one and I have to say I like it better than the initial one!

Shoddy phone pic in a weirdly lit Sam Ash, but you can get the general gist of it. The top is really nice and when they told me I was getting a replacement instead of the original guitar repaired my heart kind of sank because well... I had this prior.

Tops can be hit or miss, but dare say once I take some pictures in some proper lighting like this one ^ it'll probably look a million times better than my previous guitar! The headstock even has a nice piece of Quilt unlike the previous one.

One thing I wanted to touch up on, is that this one feels considerably more well built than the first few guitars (I had an HT7 shortly and played a Silverburst 6 as well). My original guitar was one of the guitars they used for Misha's clinics and a very early guitar from the production. The neck and binding had a rough/coarse feel to it when you touched them in a bit of an irregular pattern almost as if it had been lightly sanded down from a finish. And something I never captured on photo properly but the binding on the original guitar was scratched to hell, but it was done so consistently and evenly that I thought it was made that way for some reason :lol: something to note is that every HT I'd run into so far had all of this so I truly don't know how to interpret these things.

The newer guitar suffers from none of these things thankfully, and the neck has a very smooth tung oil like feel to it. A lot more pleasant to play than the first guitar. Overall really happy, and Matt at Fender was the real MVP helping me out throughout this :D

Great story! Thanks for sharing. Jackson's quality control definitely isn't the best with these guitars. I also had a totally defective nut that needed to get replaced, but now my HT6 is pretty much perfect!

bulb

Reaction score

I'm very happy to hear that Jackson sorted your problem and that you are happy with the new guitar!!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Great story! Thanks for sharing. Jackson's quality control definitely isn't the best with these guitars. I also had a totally defective nut that needed to get replaced, but now my HT6 is pretty much perfect!

I don't feel like Jackson QC is that bad, but parts wear with use and some of it that might be unnaturally worn is covered by warranty. Had a lot of Jacksons and still have a lot of love for the brand.

I'm very happy to hear that Jackson sorted your problem and that you are happy with the new guitar!!

Totally dude, stoked to have the HT6 back in the stable!! :hbang:

')