Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oath5

Reaction score
Not too sure about this one. What do you guys think? Holcombs PRS SE is way more bang for buck imo.

manu80

Reaction score
Saw them in real yesterday in a shop
Gunmetal gray and black burst
Pickups are called MMM1( misha mnsoor model)
Thay nicely finished, still those neck are dry like a desert and thay lack a signature or misha's touch ;)

musicman61554

Reaction score
Yes was waiting to see the true specs. Would have been really nice to have some BKPs in them but Im sure these pickups can kick some ass. Hmmmmmmmmmmm decisions........

eloann

Reaction score
Not too sure about this one. What do you guys think? Holcombs PRS SE is way more bang for buck imo.

Depends what you're looking for. The Holcomb has cute birds and name brand pickups but only 1 finish, no locking tuners, no easy truss rod access, no 7 string version (save an unveiling in the next few days)

bulb

Reaction score
Well now that the price is out, I'm stoked that I can talk about the guitar a bit more!

The pickups in the guitar are surprisingly good, definitely at the same level as a nice SD or Dimarzio pickup IMO, but if you want the BKP Juggs they are routed so that they would be a perfect fit, and with the current exchange rate I think that puts an uncovered set of Juggs at just about 225 bucks or so!

Also way stoked on the features we managed to get on the guitar at this price range. The bridge, is actually really well done, and adjusts and feels very similar to the Hipshot on the USA, plus it seems to impart very similar tonal characteristics. We managed to get Luminlays on the guitar, and locking tuners as well. Of course I made sure we got the truss rod wheel on the guitar too.

Overall the Pro Series model is so sick that I'm going to use them on tour alongside my USA models. My grey one has some serious Mojo!

Djentlyman

Reaction score
16112518_10154982847829533_6007398105479978873_o.jpg

want. :scream:

bulb

Reaction score
I told Jackson that I would only be down with a Pro Series if we could genuinely make a guitar that was not only good, solid and reliable enough for me to tour with, but also packed with features. I can't even tell you how happy that we got that done on a guitar that looks like that and that exists in that sub $1000 price range haha. Makes me giddy!

p88

Reaction score
The pickups in the guitar are surprisingly good, definitely at the same level as a nice SD or Dimarzio pickup IMO.

awesome, does the bridge pickup also feature of a combination of alnico and ceramic magnets just like your juggs? or are they slightly different?

bulb

Reaction score
awesome, does the bridge pickup also feature of a combination of alnico and ceramic magnets just like your juggs? or are they slightly different?

I'll have to check if they used that for the final revision, but I want to say yes as they were basing the design around the Juggs. With that said, we learned that it's not really that easy to "reverse engineer" a pickup like that, and a lot of what makes BKP so special are the quality of every component and the scatterwinding.

However, for a stock pickup in a guitar at this price, Jackson really nailed it, and as I said earlier, these pickups give any Dimarzio or Duncan set a run for their money. They also split very nicely which is great, because the guitar is wired exactly like my USA, tone bypass and everything!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I told Jackson that I would only be down with a Pro Series if we could genuinely make a guitar that was not only good, solid and reliable enough for me to tour with, but also packed with features. I can't even tell you how happy that we got that done on a guitar that looks like that and that exists in that sub $1000 price range haha. Makes me giddy!

Kudos on that, looks solid. Did you end up using the same neck profile as your USA model?

A-Branger

Reaction score
guitar looks sweet, congrats bro. That black flame/black burst looks amazing. Would ahve been great with a white binding on the fretboard, but still awesome

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
If they have SS frets and locking tuners, I would guess right at $899. I would imagine that is a fair estimate considering the guitar has no binding and a bolt on neck.

Why Glades! You are a genius! You got the price right!

bassplayer8

Reaction score
Im happy the jackson website was wrong about the pricing cause 1250 would be too much for me but 900 for the 7 string is pretty rad. Hoping some Canadian stores start bringing in stock soon so I can try it out! 🙏 🙏

Lyrx

Reaction score
But why not have proposed similar finishes on the 6 and 7 strings versions ? It would have been nice to have a matching set.

Latest posts

')