Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
I'm going to do a proper double NGD in the 6 string forum later, but my battery was dying. I figured I'd post a preview here though since this is where all the interest is.

I picked up an unlikely pair of guitars this week - I was looking for a 335 when I had the chance to play an HT6, and couldn't resist. I've seen this exact top criticized in here, but I love it personally. It's not the super symmetric tubular quilts that some have, but I think it's far more interesting. Looks so different from every angle. I didn't buy it to look at it though - I would have taken any finish/top after playing one.

I think these two guitars show a really interesting contrast though when it comes to tops. There's so much more variation in a thick carved top, as opposed to the thin laminate of the 335.

25zm1ki.jpg

FWIW I think that top looks really sick in that picture... You also have really nice figuring in the binding!

A-Branger

Reaction score
hey Misha quick question.

is there any future plans for a non-USA build cheaper version? I know it takes time, and prob all depends on the demand and sales of this new model. But just wondering if that is something way down on the list of way future talks? hehe

I absolutely love the looks and features of the guitar you produced but sadly I dont have the guitar playing level or time dedication to justify the price for one of them (specially the Australian prices) :( if not I would had get a majesty MM and one of yours already :p ... and a new bass

I would love to get one, I dont mind if they would come with just a veneer or plain maple top + veneer, or just in solid colors only (love the frosty blue),

I know its way to soon for asking that, just wondering

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Nah dude, I have no idea when the 8 will be ready, we are just in talks about something now, but these things take time...

A 27" 8 with a Broderick-style body offset to make up for the longer neck would look so siiiiiick...

Braden717

Reaction score
hey Misha quick question.

is there any future plans for a non-USA build cheaper version? I know it takes time, and prob all depends on the demand and sales of this new model. But just wondering if that is something way down on the list of way future talks? hehe

I absolutely love the looks and features of the guitar you produced but sadly I dont have the guitar playing level or time dedication to justify the price for one of them (specially the Australian prices) :( if not I would had get a majesty MM and one of yours already :p ... and a new bass

I would love to get one, I dont mind if they would come with just a veneer or plain maple top + veneer, or just in solid colors only (love the frosty blue),

I know its way to soon for asking that, just wondering

He has been asked this before and his answer was no, not at the moment. These guitars just came out and Jackson and him want to be able to get as much out of this cycle as they can. He said It's a possibility later down the road, but don't hold out for it.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Nah dude, I have no idea when the 8 will be ready, we are just in talks about something now, but these things take time...

I thought this was something serious, but I find you just want me for my money...

Cheers dude, I'll just have to get both

nicktao

Reaction score
Heads up, Music Zoo just put up a few Juggs.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Got a call from Sweetwater and my guitar is in! Ships tomorrow holy crap, that's a month earlier than what I was told so I'm really psyched. Pics will be posted of course.

Reaction score
Juggernaut HT7 Review

Emerging from the dusty plains of Wild West Guitars... I give you, the Juggernaut HT7 Misha Mansoor signature.

I pre ordered this model in early Spring and the wait is finally over! Initially I was so impressed that I didn't even want to put my hands on it. The way it was presented seriously took me by storm. I was really not expecting such a decked out case! The gorgeous blue color scheme throughout and the Bulb logo on the inside/outside is a perfect touch to this signature. The case, in and of itself is a true work of art!

Now to the nitty gritty...
All I can say is, "wow." The top on this beast is seriously killer. It has great book matching but veers off and forms a very distinct pattern. Depending on how you look at it, the top almost creates some sort of face... I love how unique that is. Aesthetically it really does make this particular guitar stand out among the rest. The Amber Tiger Eye coloration combined with the quilt is very 3 dimensional. When I rotate it, the figure really pops out and almost changes appearance; very much like a chameleon. Now that is utterly beautiful.

The Bareknuckle Juggernaut set are among some of the best pickups I've ever owned. The alnico/ceramic hybrid is such a great combination that produces a wide array of tones. These are nicely balanced and clear. I think the best way to describe these pickups is "just right"... Aggressive with great attack, yet rich, buttery and warm. The wood combination of the maple top, alder body and maple neck make the overall tonality very mid range based with a hint of brightness. Not only is this combo excellent for live usage, but it's very pleasant to work with while tracking because everything generally sits well in the mix. Rarely do you find a set of pickups that are so easily manageable.

I believe my favorite part of this signature is the neck and fretboard. The custom neck shape is right in the middle of wide/fat and thin. Much like the pickups, its geometry is a happy medium of thickness and is really suited for any genre of playing. Although diverse, the neck is pretty fast in general. I find it very effortless to maneuver around it. Some guitar necks require some "getting used to" but this one on the other hand made me feel right at home. The Ebony fretboard is flawless with a solid and even color distribution throughout... It's so buttery and smooth, you can just feel how meticulously constructed it is on the neck. The body and horns are unlike anything I've ever encountered. Specifically, the lower horn with its "hand shake" carve is the most innovative facet. Upper fret accessibility is a breeze and disables any sort of hinderance. I believe this feature is one of the defining qualities that makes this guitar unique.

Now onward to the stainless steel frets... Man, what craftsmanship! The placements of all the frets were done perfectly... No sharp edges or rough textures and there's nothing uneven or asymmetrical whatsoever. Each and every piece is utterly flawless. Personally, I believe the stainless frets really add more life to the guitar itself. I'm really surprised with how uniform they are on the board. Applying chord shapes on and past the 12th fret are seriously mind boggling. I can't believe how spot on the notes are. Generally with other brands, chord applications on that part of the neck require a little more effort and can even make notes a little sharp or flat depending on the set up. But these specifications are highly ergonomic and absolutely immaculate. The quality really does speak for itself.

In closing, I just gotta admit that this acquisition was well worth the time and money. I couldn't have asked for something better in a signature instrument. The coolest part about it is the extras that are included. Here we've got a Periphery strap, Bulb tin with signature picks, extra Jackson picks, a set of strings, and strap locks... Now this is seriously the ultimate amalgamation of features and there's nothing like it. I applaud Misha for his efforts on creating this milestone because I believe his signature will be the new standard in music making for years to come. It is definitely much more than I had anticipated and has exceeded my expectations, ten fold. Jackson Guitars and Misha Mansoor have absolutely nailed it, creating the embodiment of superior dedication and mastery. This is truly a new breed of excellence.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    982.8 KB · Views: 135
  • image2(1).jpg
    image2(1).jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image1(1).jpg
    image1(1).jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 74

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I love that one :yesway:

...but people see faces in like every bookmatched guitar :lol:

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
Certain people see faces everywhere...pareidolia :lol:

Great looking top on that one! Very nice pictures as well, thank you for sharing them. I had a question about the electronics cover though, seeing as it's signed: I thought the Juggernaughts (sans inlay) were supposed to be completely free of any signature/mention of Misha?

Did you request that specific cover, or was it put on there by accident?

mniel8195

Reaction score
I just got mine out of the blue! I will do and ngd soon. I ordered well after namm and the guitar store i purchased it from was just starting up being a evh dealer so i don't know how i got so lucky...Anyways its the best guitar i have ever played. The pickups sound ridiculous and the color is retarded. If anyone has played a bernie rico jr the neck is very similar to that. Maybe a tad more c like though.

Reaction score
Certain people see faces everywhere...pareidolia :lol:

Great looking top on that one! Very nice pictures as well, thank you for sharing them. I had a question about the electronics cover though, seeing as it's signed: I thought the Juggernaughts (sans inlay) were supposed to be completely free of any signature/mention of Misha?

Did you request that specific cover, or was it put on there by accident?

Long story short... Once I purchased mine at Wild West Guitars, I offered to let misha use it for the clinic after the guitar was set up. I spoke to Misha and asked for a video interview. He was nice enough to let me film the process and describe the specs of the model. It's actually on YouTube right now. :) Anyway, a couple hours after the interview, the performance began and misha played a few songs with it. Once it was over, he did a meet and greet. I was lucky enough to get the backplate signed. :)

nistley

Reaction score
Long story short... Once I purchased mine at Wild West Guitars, I offered to let misha use it for the clinic after the guitar was set up. I spoke to Misha and asked for a video interview. He was nice enough to let me film the process and describe the specs of the model. It's actually on YouTube right now. :) Anyway, a couple hours after the interview, the performance began and misha played a few songs with it. Once it was over, he did a meet and greet. I was lucky enough to get the backplate signed. :)

So, did you already swab for DNA and lacquer it?

mniel8195

Reaction score
i just noticed some blue bleeding over to the maple binding on one of the horns...The guitar is pretty much perfect besides that. I will take some more pics. Here is a quick pick when i got it today at the dealers. Mine came with a busted switch the dealer had to fix it no big deal. There was also a little glue or something on the fret board that the tech had to take off.

mniel8195

Reaction score
Here are some more pics. The blue on the binding sucks because the guitar is almost 100% perfect... damn humans!

A-Branger

Reaction score
The blue on the binding sucks because the guitar is almost 100% perfect... damn humans!

that is un-acceptable!!!:realmad: you sir should get rid of this guitar immediately!!, such a shame, you dont want to be seen with such an imperfect guitar in your hands :nono:

I volunteer to take that awful guitar out of your hands and make sure it gets dispose in the appropriate way. And because we are such a good friend, I wont charge you for my services. I would do it for free, as more of a favor to you so you dont have to deal with it

:D hehehehe

......:squint:I really want one

Latest posts

')