Mishas Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vent187

Reaction score
But why not have proposed similar finishes on the 6 and 7 strings versions ? It would have been nice to have a matching set.

Because they would look nothing like the USA versions and would look considerably cheaper in comparison. With these finishes, we have nothing to directly compare them to, plus I think they look pretty sick!

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
Im happy the jackson website was wrong about the pricing cause 1250 would be too much for me but 900 for the 7 string is pretty rad. Hoping some Canadian stores start bringing in stock soon so I can try it out! 🙏 🙏

Jackson wasn't wrong. MSRP is generally more pricey than street value.

Lyrx

Reaction score
I wanted to say why having gloss finish and flame tops only on 7 strings, and satin finish and solid non-figured tops only on 6 strings. I would like to have (am I the only one?) a 6 and 7 matched set.

bulb

Reaction score
guitar looks sweet, congrats bro. That black flame/black burst looks amazing. Would ahve been great with a white binding on the fretboard, but still awesome

I actually like the feel of no binding so much on that Pro Series neck that I think I'm gonna lose the neck binding on the next revision of the USA model.

bulb

Reaction score
Are these made in the Mexico factory?

They are Indonesian.

Interestingly, we did shootouts of the Mexican and Indo factory to determine who should build the model, and Indo just nailed it. They also refined the carve and shape of the guitar way beyond what the Mexican factory had turned in. I had kinda expected to prefer the Mexican factory sample, but everyone on the team agreed with me that the Indo had the Mojo haha.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
You know after seeing Jackson guitars for years in shops and on stages I do think it's pretty cool to have a signature model with "Jackson" designed pickups. It's akin to joining the long family line any of us would only dream about when we were kids ogling this brand at Sam Ash, Mars, or Thoroughbred (for you fellow Tampa natives). Cool stuff. The Pro Model looks solid. Definitely will give it a spin!

nistley

Reaction score
I actually like the feel of no binding so much on that Pro Series neck that I think I'm gonna lose the neck binding on the next revision of the USA model.

That is awesome! I wish Marks PRS SE did that :)

Neck binding is right there with pickup rings, kind of distracting and unnecessary. But so is R8, so to each their own :)

eloann

Reaction score
My local dealer is going to have some US versions in stock soon so I'll try those - and if it feels good (mostly the neck profile) I'll order one of the new import versions.

Would a 6 tuned down to B be an awful idea?

bulb

Reaction score
That is awesome! I wish Marks PRS SE did that :)

Neck binding is right there with pickup rings, kind of distracting and unnecessary. But so is R8, so to each their own :)

It's funny, I always opted for binding because I just thought "looks cool, why not?" But in hindsight all of my favorite feeling necks have been unbound. I think in general, and moving forward I'm just not gonna spec guitars with binding. It's also kinda funny that the Pro Series prototype is what got me to change my mind about it...

nistley

Reaction score
It's funny, I always opted for binding because I just thought "looks cool, why not?" But in hindsight all of my favorite feeling necks have been unbound. I think in general, and moving forward I'm just not gonna spec guitars with binding. It's also kinda funny that the Pro Series prototype is what got me to change my mind about it...

I would guess the fact that it was a 'budget' probably changed the spec and the fact that it is your prototype probably really made you think about it, so things just aligned?

PS.
Hoping there will be a mid-tier version with SS frets! Wearing out a guitar in a year is no fun :(

bulb

Reaction score
I would guess the fact that it was a 'budget' probably changed the spec and the fact that it is your prototype probably really made you think about it, so things just aligned?

PS.
Hoping there will be a mid-tier version with SS frets! Wearing out a guitar in a year is no fun :(

It wasn't so much budget as it was an opportunity to try something different!

Also, just cuz the frets aren't SS don't mean you will wear them out in a year, so many of my guitars don't have SS frets and I have never had to refret them, even when I took them on long sweaty tours haha. They just take a little longer to polish is all!

nistley

Reaction score
Also, just cuz the frets aren't SS don't mean you will wear them out in a year, so many of my guitars don't have SS frets and I have never had to refret them, even when I took them on long sweaty tours haha. They just take a little longer to polish is all!

My bad, I definitely exaggerated for personal case, I flatten the area around the 12th fret pretty fast. Of course it depends on how one treats the guitar, and for the price it's great. But, I can see a step up version also being popular. Coincidentally, without binding, it is easier to refret.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
It wasn't so much budget as it was an opportunity to try something different!

That's because you own and play a trillion guitars (no hate, that's awesome)

Play only 1 or 2 guitars like most and you'll be dressing frets yearly and refretting every couple years.

bulb

Reaction score
That's because you own and play a trillion guitars (no hate, that's awesome)

Play only 1 or 2 guitars like most and you'll be dressing frets yearly and refretting every couple years.

I didn't always have the collection I do, and my Jackson sigs account for the majority of my SS guitars, I'm not saying nickel frets don't wear down, and I'm not saying I don't love SS frets, but they definitely have never been a dealbreaker on any guitar for me personally. Some of my most expensive guitars have nickel frets.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
You mentioned revising the USA model earlier...so far it sounds like you want to drop the neck binding and change the inlays to dots. Any other ideas you have for a potential refresh?

bulb

Reaction score
You mentioned revising the USA model earlier...so far it sounds like you want to drop the neck binding and change the inlays to dots. Any other ideas you have for a potential refresh?

Yup, I have some really cool ideas, just need to test them out on protos, already said too much, but you guys are nice to me.

Millul

Reaction score
I hope to be able to try one of these Pros in a shop but I'm not holding my breath, as it seems like nobody gets the cool stuff around here!

Also, hoping for somewhat of a fair price in Europe!

Latest posts

')