Mishas Sig?

Taylord

Reaction score
The USA models are so expensive now. Would like to grab a 7 from the original 15-18 run. Has anyone played some from different years? Is the newer iteration far superior to the older ones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The USA models are so expensive now. Would like to grab a 7 from the original 15-18 run. Has anyone played some from different years? Is the newer iteration far superior to the older ones?

That's my favorite era as well. It's also half the price (or was) of the new ones so that's good motivation to prefer that era. I don't actually love the tone, even though I really like the same pickups in a different guitar.

vinniemallet

EBMM Addicted
Reaction score
Curious to see the answer to this as well. I've been thinking about grabbing a HT7. Kinda afraid about the QC issues. I've seen a few guys getting 3-4 guitars and returning all of them or keeping only 1 for issues and bad QC. Should I get onme of the newer models?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious to see the answer to this as well. I've been thinking about grabbing a HT7. Kinda afraid about the QC issues. I've seen a few guys getting 3-4 guitars and returning all of them or keeping only 1 for issues and bad QC. Should I get onme of the newer models?

The QC issues were on the imports I believe.

The new USA model prices are insane now since FMIC jacked the prices up last year.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
Honestly I think it comes down to what you want wood and color wise. I’ve had 5 USA models all from the original run: matte black, silver burst, amber tiger eye, matte blue frost and laguna burst. All were 6 strings except for the laguna burst which is a 7 and all were used except for the 7 I bought new. I still have the blue frost and laguna burst.

What I’ve ran into on all except the black model have been fret sprout and the luminlays sprouting as well. All were fixed but this has been the biggest issue. I feel that this is going to happen with all guitars at some point though, even with the roasted maple neck models. I do live in a dry environment so I keep all my guitars in their case with an individual humidifier to try and mitigate it. As for sound the basswood models are very response and tight, the premium maple top models are brighter and have more clarity in chords. Unless you have both to A/B you wouldn’t be able to tell in a mix but side by side you can tell. Both sound great though and the basswood models are lighter than the premium top alder/maple models.

I turned down an offer for a red 7 from the new colors and guitar center cancelled my order a while back on the updated amber tiger eye when they went on clearance saying it was a pricing error, despite my efforts to get them to re-order it. I would like to try one of both models eventually because I feel the ragnarok’s would fit well in the basswood model and am curious how the juggernauts do in a mahogany/maple guitar compared to alder. The price they are now though puts them beyond what I would like to pay and when they were first released it seemed unheard of to get a USA Jackson at that price. The increase is unfortunate because they are a great guitar that you don’t have to upgrade. Neck profile is comfortable, 20” radius I personally prefer, stainless frets, comfortable body, good fret access, sound great and damn do they look cool.

There have been a fair amount of quality issues seen on this forum for the newer USA models. What I would like to see is Jackson have them produced in Japan like we are seeing with mishas so cal to bring the price back down considering the times we’re in. This in turn could possibly help the quality issues as well but for me personally, what I’ve seen doesn’t defer my judgement on wanting to get one.

If you have the chance and they tick all the right boxes then I recommend you try one. I’m assuming it’s used though so just check with the seller for any issues. Hopefully others can chime in that have owned multiple models. @HighGain510 and @Jonathan20022 owned multiple models as well if I remember right. I never sold a model because I didn’t like it though so take that for what it’s worth. Majority of the time it was to try something new or get a different one.

Last edited:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I've had 3 Misha Sigs. Two of them from the original run and the Japanese So-Cal now.

I had an Amber Tiger Eye version with the P Inlay that I no longer have. That one had mild fret sprout but not enough to warrant me disliking the guitar or returning it. The one I still have, my Laguna Blue is fantastic. Not sure when exactly mine was built though as I do have documentation with it to support that it's a CS instrument so maybe it's a proto or just an early one off? I'm still not entirely sure years later, but the thing is great. The Japanese So-Cal is also fantastic. I agree with the comment above, if the Juggernaut could be MIJ to keep costs down I'd trust the factory building the So-Cal's with it, thing is great.

xzacx

Reaction score
I've had a few USAs. I got an Amber Tiger Eye 6 from the original run, which I still have and love. The pickups were horrendous to me, and I changed those, but the guitar itself I still love. I got a matte black 7 later, but I ended up returning it because the scale length was too long (and I was gonna have to replace the picksups again anyway). They were both super well made though.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had 3 USA of the most recent model. I personally love them (still have one), only sold to try new things. For me at least, the neck profile/ radius is perfection. They balance super well and just feel great. My current USA 6 I bought used and got for 2k (!) because it had some neck pocket finish cracks but was otherwise in mint condition.

I you troll the Verb often enough they pop up pretty frequently for about half of the current MSRP.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
Thats how i got my most recent ht6. I think theres a silver one on reverb for a decent price. Used through guitar center is also a great way to go.

The roasted maple guitars have a different kind of resonance but i wouldnt say they are better or worse. A good one (roasted or not) is gonna be great one. I have an amber ht6 from the first era and the neck is a little sensitive from time to time.

Also i agree with the comment about look and vibe youre going for. Im considering picking up an import model for eb tuning(black with roasted maple).

Mattykoda

Reaction score
A year and some months later and another price increase but this looks to be across the board for USA and imports for the most part. USA juggernauts went up $200-300 and the imports $50-100 I think.

I don’t know if Misha has been as active on here but I’m curious if they will move the juggernaut line to Japan.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
You really have to love Misha and Jackson to buy one of the USA ones right now. I tried a couple of them in 2016 and both had bad fret sprout - easily rectifiable, but certainly a minus. For me, Skervesen Raptors played much better, and you can custom order one.

So, if you look at options at that price point, in addition to Skervesen, you could go for:
-An Aristides
-Ernie Ball
-Maybe even ESP Custom Shop?

Why anyone would land on a USA Jackson with those choices is quite beyond me! :)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
You really have to love Misha and Jackson to buy one of the USA ones right now. I tried a couple of them in 2016 and both had bad fret sprout - easily rectifiable, but certainly a minus. For me, Skervesen Raptors played much better, and you can custom order one.

So, if you look at options at that price point, in addition to Skervesen, you could go for:
-An Aristides
-Ernie Ball
-Maybe even ESP Custom Shop?

Why anyone would land on a USA Jackson with those choices is quite beyond me! :)

I wish!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I remember basic builds from ESP Custom Shop being about 5000 dollars. Am I wrong here? That would not be too far off from the 4-5k street price of the Juggernauts.

You know, with the JPY/USD what it is the past few months, for a bolt-on with basically no special options at all, that might actually be possible at $5k. I knew the HT6 was up in price, but didn't realize it had gone past low-mid $4k.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
You know, with the JPY/USD what it is the past few months, for a bolt-on with basically no special options at all, that might actually be possible at $5k. I knew the HT6 was up in price, but didn't realize it had gone past low-mid $4k.

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. And not even just past 4K. This seems to be standard pricing for a HT7 now:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mansoor-signature-juggernaut-ht7-satin-silver

HT6 goes for 4599$, while the fancy tops go for 5199$.

You could almost get 2 Raw Aristides for that money :D

Or if you're being sensible, getting 1 Aristides and whatever standard ESP you like.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. And not even just past 4K. This seems to be standard pricing for a HT7 now:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mansoor-signature-juggernaut-ht7-satin-silver

HT6 goes for 4599$, while the fancy tops go for 5199$.

You could almost get 2 Raw Aristides for that money :D

Or if you're being sensible, getting 1 Aristides and whatever standard ESP you like.
You'd have to be smoking crack to buy one of these USA Jacksons at that price. The amount of full custom shop options that are out there for less blows my mind. They play decent, but holy shit nowhere near $4600 to $5200.

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
You'd have to be smoking crack to buy one of these USA Jacksons at that price. The amount of full custom shop options that are out there for less blows my mind. They play decent, but holy shit nowhere near $4600 to $5200.
I've been saying this for a minute - but few seem to want to listen... Jackson be high off their own ass rn with the kinda of guitars they're building for the prices they're charging...

')