Misha's solo album

• Thread starter gordonbombay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cnev

Reaction score
I honestly always quietly hoped that you would make an entire album of video game song covers. You FF7 covers left me absolutely speechless. It's crazy how much that game meant to me as a kid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Ah man. Breeze, Heliovice, NEM, B=D, Mr. Person, Tiger... Those are the first few off the top of my head that I know would rock on this album. I know you can afford those Misha!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Please don't put Breeze, Chocolate Flobs, Not Enough Mana, or Manifestation out without vocals by someone. They need vocals :(

On a side note though, I would kill to hear a fleshed out version of your "Blackmachine B6 Test". ....ing LOVE that riff, man.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Tiger
Fuf
Chocolate Flobs
The Focus Hour
Strizzwald (first song I ever heard from him)
Unleash the Pwnies

I would be a very happy person if those were were on it. I have a feeling Tiger will make it onto Juggernaut and get the full periphery treatment though :)!

bulb

Reaction score
Please don't put Breeze, Chocolate Flobs, Not Enough Mana, or Manifestation out without vocals by someone. They need vocals :(

On a side note though, I would kill to hear a fleshed out version of your "Blackmachine B6 Test". ....ing LOVE that riff, man.

Most likely the solo album songs will be instrumental, unless I happen across a vocalist who writes such appropriate parts for those songs that I obviously would rather they end up that way, but realistically that is not likely at all.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I'm super stoked on all of this.

Also Casey and good buddy should add some vokills.

bulb

Reaction score
Good Buddy might could if the track would benefit from his vocals, and as much as I love Casey and his voice, he won't get anything out to me in a timely fashion.

Kroaton

Reaction score
F8 (fleshed out)? Seriously, nobody diggs this? Also, good luck on the album Misha.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I cant BELIEVE no body mentioned Oxmodius and Oxsidius, those two tracks go hard. Also throwing my vote in for Fuf, Chocolate Flobs, and Not Enough Mana. Been a fan since the soundclick days and always wished you'd blow up so the world can here true talent, you feckin rule man :yesway:

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Most likely the solo album songs will be instrumental, unless I happen across a vocalist who writes such appropriate parts for those songs that I obviously would rather they end up that way, but realistically that is not likely at all.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Chocolate Flobs should be on a Periphery album or at least have Spencer do vocals on it because his low growls on that song would ....ing destroy so hard.

bulb

Reaction score
Is the start of breeze supposed to sound exactly like the start of C.O.T.E by Karnivool orrrrrr.... ?

Believe it or not I had never heard of Karnivool when I wrote Breeze. Although I do see how someone might think it has similar qualities, I don't think it sounds "exactly the same" at all, and on the plus side, writing that song enabled me to discover them!

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. Chocolate Flobs should be on a Periphery album or at least have Spencer do vocals on it because his low growls on that song would ....ing destroy so hard.

If it makes the cut. Periphery will get right of first refusal on any of my ideas. The whole point of the solo album is to put out songs that wont make it. Frankly if Chocolate Flobs doesn't make the cut this time, it likely will never be on a Periphery album. I am also not entirely sure that I am THAT crazy about it myself, it would need some reworking as the first two riffs are the only ones dig haha.

fungwabus117

Reaction score
If it makes the cut. Periphery will get right of first refusal on any of my ideas. The whole point of the solo album is to put out songs that wont make it. Frankly if Chocolate Flobs doesn't make the cut this time, it likely will never be on a Periphery album. I am also not entirely sure that I am THAT crazy about it myself, it would need some reworking as the first two riffs are the only ones dig haha.

Any idea on a time frame for the solo album? I know you just recently decided to do it, but seeing as most of the songs have already been written and all, I wonder how long it would take to complete? Pre Periphery 3 or post do you think?

isispelican

Reaction score
The Good Phone, Fuf, F8, Excalibur Groove, Not Enough Mana, Metalfoundryandrg2228testclip, Press Enter

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score

I feel that hahaha. The first two riffs are the ones that just blow my mind.

Mind if I make a suggestion about a potential vocalist or two for a track? Couldn't hurt to see what one or two people could come up with, right?

')