Misha's solo album

• Thread starter gordonbombay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bandinaboy

SS.org Unsui
Reaction score
The fast ones is great!.... but its so old and you can hear it was a big starter song to your journey as a composer. Also to be honest I can't imagine it without the original vocals, and I have a feeling you wouldn't want those.
Frankly, I think you should focus more on the best of the best unless you want this album to be a long one (which I have no problem with)
But also its your album and you should really just do what you want. That's the whole point of artists decisions. And I know you are familiar with those.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
The fast ones is great!.... but its so old and you can hear it was a big starter song to your journey as a composer. Also to be honest I can't imagine it without the original vocals, and I have a feeling you wouldn't want those.
Frankly, I think you should focus more on the best of the best unless you want this album to be a long one (which I have no problem with)
But also its your album and you should really just do what you want. That's the whole point of artists decisions. And I know you are familiar with those.

Yeah haha, I don't know if I would count it as the best, I am just stumbling across a lot of ideas that I would like to use, but I will probably only do 10-11 songs for this to keep it simple and also so that I can actually get it all together in the little bit of free time I have haha.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I was listening to a bunch of your old material today and I found so many hidden jems that I had forgotten about. One I don't even remember listening to was Soulcrush. It's very straight forward but its great. What do you think about doing that one? Prolly not because you have so much more intricate material.

Mwoit

Reaction score
You should include like a retro version where you use Pods and your old guitars like the Carvin dragonburst. It'd be like the new "with vocals" and "without vocals".

Lianoroto

Reaction score
I want to keep vocals and collaborations down to a minimum, honestly. I think if there are any collabs it would be my brother singing on Heliovice, but I would also put out the instrumental version as a bonus.

Forget about all the vocalists mentioned, and just let your brother go wild on all your songs. I am pretty sure that would yield some exciting results.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You should include like a retro version where you use Pods and your old guitars like the Carvin dragonburst. It'd be like the new "with vocals" and "without vocals".

Bulb's solo album Engl edition 5$
Bulb's solo album Pod Edition 6$
Bulb's solo album Kemper Edition 7$
Bulb's solo album Axe-FX edition 8$

After that he'll get a marketing job at Electronic Arts. :D

anomynous

Reaction score
I'll definitely listen, but I'd rather hear an OMNOM album.

No hate.

bulb

Reaction score
I'll definitely listen, but I'd rather hear an OMNOM album.

No hate.

Me too, it's just easier to get this done since I can do this alone, but I would love to put out an OMNOM release out sooner than later, and I think Elliot wold too!

anomynous

Reaction score
Me too, it's just easier to get this done since I can do this alone, but I would love to put out an OMNOM release out sooner than later, and I think Elliot wold too!

All I can say is

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It's funny looking at what I should put on is making me look at songs I had completely forgotten about, like the fast ones, what do you guys think?

Yes, the opening riff in that song is mad as hell. Remember that song being one of my favourites of your soundclick demos! So pretty please! :)

joshthysia

Reaction score
I would hate to have Not Enough Mana and Fuf on the solo album just for the fact that I want so bad to see those as Periphery jams!

'The Fast Ones' is a classic. I always enjoyed the last melodic part of 'Ms Doppertunity' as well. Not sure if Periphery will ever end up using 'More Juggies/Juggernaut Inertia' but I absolutely love that - although I can't help but NOT want to hear the vocal track with it whether it's Casey, Spencer, etc.

Sad to say but all of Misha's Soundclick demos are all under 'Bulb' on my iPod and used to be played nonstop in my car back in the day... 130+ songs to kill time commuting around my town haha!

Misha I suggest alphabetically going through your Soundclick/soundcloud list and re-recording everything non-Periphery. 15 albums later you will have pleased everyone here!

Universe74

Reaction score

images

Stijnson

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea Misha, release that stuff! Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the vocals in Periphery to be honest, so this sounds great to me. Musically its all awesomeness!

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Hey Misha, is it possible that the Mayones 8 and Ran Crusher test clips will be developed into full songs on your album/a Periphery album? The crushing immensity of those riffs is unbelievable.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
really sorry if i missed this butis matt doing live drums for this solo album or is it superior

')