Misha's solo album

• Thread starter gordonbombay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
This makes me pretty excited. I really like Bulb's stuff but I can't get into Periphery because of the vocals so this works out great for me.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
You guys are strange... you want stuff that you've already heard...

I want him to write new stuff, what with him being an even better guitarist/songwriter than ever now.

bulb

Reaction score
You guys are strange... you want stuff that you've already heard...

I want him to write new stuff, what with him being an even better guitarist/songwriter than ever now.

The thing is, this solo album thing came up because I polled my facebook to see if anyone would even be interested if most of the songs were just rerecorded and where necessary reinterpreted/fleshed out versions of the demos with serious takes and a better mix. To my surprise, the reaction was pretty much entirely positive, so I am doing this for them I guess.

There will probably be a couple new ones, but my whole reason for doing this was to put out songs that I am proud of, but will likely never see the light of day with Periphery for various reasons.

At the end of the day, I am making it "Pay what you want", so even if it's not your thing there isn't much to complain about.

alexander12014

Reaction score
I like the current arrangement but I will definitely toy with it to see if I can improve on it.

It's amazing as it is! It's actually one of my fav tunes from you my good sir!
I'm just curious what it would sound like with some new bulb flavor

Mwoit

Reaction score
Will you be recording and produce everything yourself or have a drum do acoustic drums and record it live?

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
I trust that pretty much anything that's put on that album will be the tits, so, my only suggestion/hope/whatever is that you do like a guest vocal thing where a couple, if not all, songs had a different singer. A revamped Epic Fail with Elliot doing a new vocal performance would be fuckin awesome. Obviously would love to hear some of the heavier stuff like chocolate flobs, super sayan, srs business as well.

Last edited:

Shaft

Reaction score
I somehow came into a "bulb" collection that a user on an SMN forum compiled a few years ago. Never really listened to Periphery, but dammit, I love my bulb collection.

Matt1the3Beast

Reaction score
Please for god's sake put in Unconditional Idea. That song is soooooooooooo good and underrated

Matt1the3Beast

Reaction score
also

Fuf
Tiger
B Equals D
Abslolomb
Breeze
Not Enough Mana
Legatta
Unleash the Pownies
Chocolate Flobs
Coldemark
The Focus Hour
Godma
Lullaby
Notes to Self
Strizzwald

...and don't forget Unconditional Idea!:lol:

AgileKev

Just Play.
Reaction score
It would be awesome to see some OMNOM stuff on there (even though it was a separate project). Snow Angel, Epic Fail, and Metal Gear especially.

But in regards to strictly Misha's demos, a new version of Strizzwald would be sweet too.

Reaction score
I feel like in this thread I could string any number of random words together and request it to be on the album :lol:

'Hey Misha, I'd love it if you could put Golden Profiterole Rainbows on the album, that's like my favourite bulb song.'

')