Missing a step in reaper?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
So my input chain is:

Guitar> Scarlett 2i4> PreSonus monitors

With reaper as my DAW and TSEX50. I can hear my guitar through my monitors (but no TSE), but no matter what I do in reaper it doesn't show it registering anything. Not just sound, the bars showing a signal don't move.

My question: What is the normal chain of steps to arm everything/add a VST on a new track? As I think I'm missing something/skipping a very simple step after an hour of messing with it.

It's been like a year since I've had my laptop setup for me to use so I'm rusty AF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
If the TSE X50 is a plug-in, you click the FX button on that track, choose the TSE from the list, and you should be good to go.

But if you're getting no signal, that sounds like the Scarlet isn't talking to Reaper. Sometimes that happens to me, and I have to go into the audio settings and make sure the right driver is selected, and that the correct inputs and outputs are selected as well. I use a Fender Mustang Floor as my interface, and ASIO4ALL works best for me; I assume the Scarlet came with a driver?

I've also noticed that I have to have the Mustang up and running before I open Reaper, or I get nothing at all.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I open the FX, and select the TSEX50. I've set it to the ASIO driver and selected the 2i4 drivers. That's where I'm stumped. I'll try to be sure I have the Scarlett up and running too.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
What is the input on the channel in the DAW? You can forget about the VST until you are atleast able to see and hear and record your raw guitar track

')