Mix feedback? Metalcore

• Thread starter Chris_ONiP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_ONiP

Reaction score
Hey guys i've been working on a new track and i'm pretty happy with it overall but I just haven't quite got that polish and sheen that i'm after, anyone care to have a listen and throw me some suggestions?

https://soundcloud.com/christophermoss/new-song-2

Drums: Superior Drummer 2.0
Guitars: 6505+ into Palmer PDI-03 direct to a Focusrite Saffire PRO 40
Bass: Direct with a podfarm bass model

For tonal reference i'm trying to get something along the lines of Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

col

blah.
Reaction score
Sounds good. Minor tweaks I'd do:

- Make the cymabls less bright, they're now borderline too bright
- Add some low mids ~700Hz to the bass guitar so that it'll "growl" more
- Kick could use some more low end, it's sort of wimpy sounding now. Boost some ~60Hz on the kick, then sidechain a comp from the kick to the bass track so the added low end won't make them fight for space.

Chris_ONiP

Reaction score
Sounds good. Minor tweaks I'd do:

- Make the cymabls less bright, they're now borderline too bright
- Add some low mids ~700Hz to the bass guitar so that it'll "growl" more
- Kick could use some more low end, it's sort of wimpy sounding now. Boost some ~60Hz on the kick, then sidechain a comp from the kick to the bass track so the added low end won't make them fight for space.

Yeah I was wondering myself if they were too bright, i'll roll off some top end and give that low mids hump a go on the bass. That's a good idea sidechaining the kick drum i'll give that a go too :)

Reaction score
Its a really cool song I like all the changes except I could do without that synth effect at around the one minute mark

')