Mix opinions greatly appreciated! -> HD500+Superior+Reaper

• Thread starter EmpulseOrange
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
Pinch mixtest by Lifter (Rock) on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hey guys just posting a new demo I am working on. Feel free to add your 2 cents!

Recorded in Reaper, guitars are a HD500, drums are Superior, bass is a couple vst's (TSE BOD, eq, etc)

Need to know if im headed in the right direction, or what could make it better! Not really finished yet, but if the sound is there then the rest of my songs are ready to be done, right now I'm going to work this one 'til it is ready, then move to the rest.

Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
2 tracks 100% left, 2 100% right on the guitars.

Superior is still all on one track, as that's about one of the last things I do before I start messing with the master. Thats pretty much all instrument sounds there, with a small amount of EQ, dash of 'verb, a multi band comp, and limiter and thats it.

I will try one set of rhythym to 60/60 or just mess around with the panning.

I wasn't sure on the structure, but how I have it now it's going to be really easy to sing over, and the bridge after the 1st verse kinda shakes it up a bit. THANKS MAN!

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
Bump.

Im going to start on the rest of the songs first thing in the morning, I'm ready to start the riffin'.

All mixing and no play makes me go a little nuts haha

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
The guitars need to occupy a larger portion of the soundstage. From 1.37 to 1.50 and from 2.36 to the end they sound good, everywhere else they're totally centered, and sound bland. They also sound really clangy and metallic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I can't say much about the drums, but your kick is definitely getting lost in the bass track. Either duck the bass track with the kick drum, or find the frequency of your kick sample and lower that frequency in the bass track.

Other than that I think it sounds solid.

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I am going to play around with the panning and maybe try a stereo expander and see if that can widen the sound. After you mentioning it, I can totally hear it, so big THANKS!

The drums are c2Aye's preset, and only has one kick, since that's what I'm going for (I'm a drummer also, and I think double kicks have become so normal, that a single kick metal album would be original now-a-days... but for the overall sound, I'm shooting for a modern metal sound meets an ...And Justice For All (with bass!) feel, using double kicks very sparse so they actually stand out)

This is one of my older songs I found on my hard drive and redid it all besides the Goodfella's quote.

Thanks guys - more is on the way!

')