Mix test please listen

• Thread starter gnossdrawkcab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwonnie

Reaction score
You did this with a POD?! You've GOT to share the patch, etc.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
What amp/cab model did you use? The rhythm guitars sound massive, yet still defined.

I used the Big Bottom amp with the V30 cabs on the X3 on rhythm and I used the ENGL Powerball amp for leads. I forget what I used for the cleans, but I remember it was a preset in the clean section that I tweaked a little bit. As for EQ I lowered the mids on the rhythm guitar and did a high pass filter about 125Hz on guitars and a low pass filter at about 9kHz. I have to do this with the pod rhythms cause they just get really noisy and make some weird sounds. The leads all had their midranges bumped a little bit as well as low filter and hi filter (ALWAYS DO THIS ON GUITARS!) . Alot of the tone is coming from the bass guitar which sad to say is actually fake sampled bass through Trilian. I raised the 70-120Hz range for bass and also around 3kHz for some clarity. I like to leave room around 50-65Hz for the bass drum to sit. And the snare crack is around 10kHz for me. If you got any other questions just let me know.

AustinW90

Reaction score
That shit is DREAMY. The beginning reminds me of the end of Meshuggah's "Straws Pulled At Random".

manana

Reaction score
this is really nice. My ears did not hurt at all and i didnt get bored. The composition is really good. The only thing i would change is the gutars high end. I would bring it down so it doesnt fight with the hi hat.

')