Mix test. thrash metal. new axe fx patch.

• Thread starter smarek88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

smarek88

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
If you had some more gain in your tone it'd sound more full, but the composition sounds good.

The drums sound ok, but the snare seems to have to much reverb, either that or it's ringing out to long. Try eq'ing a little more mids in the snare for it to punch harder, maybe in the 500-1.5k range.

Just my two cents!

fleshwoodsteel

Reaction score
I'll second the comment on the gain. Especially for the genre, a bit more bite would give some more definition and definitely sound bigger.

dertillo

DareTillo
Reaction score
Nice sound, but it seems that the guitars are a bit too loud in
comparison to the drums.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
In his defense of drum to guitar balance, this is an Axe-fx tone test. I think the tone you are getting here is pretty nice. But for that thrash metal tone, you will want a touch more gain.

I don't typically say "more gain is better" because a lot of folks around here use miles and miles of it. The tone you are getting would be great for some punk rock verse materials though. I like it.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The composition is pretty cool, actually - reminds me a little of Evile in the arrangement.

The tone could use a little more gain, it's not quite gritty enough.

Also - and this is constructive criticism, because it takes hard work to fix - I can hear your pick edge scraping when you're going fast, giving it that "swirly" sound that takes away from the tight feel.

')